PDA

View Full Version : DB performance vs HM2

Colin252
11-02-2019, 08:02 AM
Hi, I've a got a huge DB that I'm looking to do some population analysis with.
HM2 just gets all clogged up and crashes when I load alias's with 5mill + hands. How does HM3 perform under these conditions?
I'm running an I7 Quad core 12gb ram with SSD hardrive presently and in the process of upgrading to 6 core I7 with 32 gb ram and m.2 HD, and I'm wondering which program I should load the DB into to do the analysis on the new machine.
Your thoughts?

fozzy71
11-02-2019, 11:43 AM
What specs are the machine currently that has those types of issues with HM2? HM2 and PSQL should perform much better for those sized aliases and related databases with those new upgraded specs.

I am actually testing some reported large DB performance issues this weekend (and likely into next week) with HM3. At this point I would say HM2 will perform better with similar sized active heroes, but some of my testing so far indicates that database size, number of "Hero's" in the database, whether or not there is an alias, etc can matter.

If you can, I would love for you to be able to take the time and try it out in HM3 and report any issues you encounter with logs as instructed below.

Please reproduce the problem and click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu (or from the 'Help' menu at the top), or choose 'Yes' if prompted to submit an error report, and send your logs and config files with a detailed step by step description of the problem that we can use to try and reproduce the problem.

If you are unable to send the logs via the automated system for any reason you can collect and send the logs manually (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/194/How-to-send-HM3-log-files-to-support).

Colin252
11-02-2019, 12:59 PM
I'm running an I7 Quad core 12gb ram with SSD hardrive presently.
Ok, I'll see if I can give it a whirl & report back then.

Colin252
11-09-2019, 06:30 AM
I see NC is not up and running for HM3 yet. I use this to build the alias' (by player type) I use. Do we know when that is expected to be live?
When I import my Hm2 DB, will the alias' in the DB come with it and be recognised by HM3?

fozzy71
11-09-2019, 09:12 AM
HM3 should import everything from the database: aliases, player/hand notes, rakeback, bonuses, HUDs, popups, etc. It can import NC HUDs currently but NC isn't supported so none of the custom stats will work (they are replaced with a 'bug' icon). We also have a new feature specific to import HM2 manually edited tournament results afterwards, but that is a very recent new feature which is still a bit buggy yet.

We are expecting the NC Beta for HM3 to be available soon. I don't have an exact date yet. Once it is available there will be an 'HM Advisory' in HM2 and HM3 to let everyone know the NC Beta for HM3 is live.

Note: HM3 Apps can only be used if you own a HM3 license, they can not be used if HM3 is in Trial mode.

Your NC license from HM2 will also work with HM3. Payments will only be required for new coaching packages.

Colin252
11-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Cool, makes sense, thank you.
I'm importing my HM2 DB now, going to take another 4 hours or so, but my trial expires today. If it's possible to extend the trial period for a few days then I'll have the chance to test speed/report issues etc. Not sure I can justify purchasing it at this point without having tested it in the way I'd plan to use it (I.e. large DB work)

fozzy71
11-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Please email your account details and questions to us via the 'Contact Support' link here - https://support.holdemmanager.com/ - with a link to this thread and your forum name. They can then check with management to see if a courtesy 15 day trial extension is possible.