PDA

View Full Version : Edits Keep Disappearing after next hand import

drew117
10-27-2019, 01:10 AM
I just recently upgraded from HM2 to HM3 and it has been a very frustrating experience to say the least. Case in point. I am in an MTT and choose to do a rebuy or add on. This is obviously not automatically detected so I find the appropriate tournament, click edit (have to CLOSE my hud on all tables -- not just the one I am editing, which I never had to do in HM2) but regardless I add the rebuy/addon information. As soon as the next hand for that tournament is imported the edits i made are GONE. It seems the only way to accurately edit and add the correct information is to do so after you have completed a tournament, which is really difficult to get correct if you are playing many tournaments in a session and don't want to manually keep track of rebuys and add ons (isnt that the point of HM in the first place?). This was not a problem for me in the past with HM2 as it would not "override" edits. Am i doing something wrong or is this just incredibly more frustrating then it used to be in HM2?

drew117
10-27-2019, 01:28 AM
I have recently migrated from HM2 -> HM3 and am having several issues.

1) HUD not appearing on WPN despite tournaments being tracked.
2) Edits to include add ons / rebuys / correct information are overridden as soon as the next hand is imported.

Please help!!

fozzy71
10-27-2019, 07:04 AM
I just recently upgraded from HM2 to HM3 and it has been a very frustrating experience to say the least. Case in point. I am in an MTT and choose to do a rebuy or add on. This is obviously not automatically detected so I find the appropriate tournament, click edit (have to CLOSE my hud on all tables -- not just the one I am editing, which I never had to do in HM2) but regardless I add the rebuy/addon information. As soon as the next hand for that tournament is imported the edits i made are GONE. It seems the only way to accurately edit and add the correct information is to do so after you have completed a tournament, which is really difficult to get correct if you are playing many tournaments in a session and don't want to manually keep track of rebuys and add ons (isnt that the point of HM in the first place?). This was not a problem for me in the past with HM2 as it would not "override" edits. Am i doing something wrong or is this just incredibly more frustrating then it used to be in HM2?

Which site or sites are you experiencing this issue with?

The next time you play and reproduce this issue:

Please reproduce the problem and click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu (or from the 'Help' menu at the top), or choose 'Yes' if prompted to submit an error report, and send your logs and config files with a detailed step by step description of the problem that we can use to try and reproduce the problem. Make sure you include a link to this forum thread and your forum name, or at least copy/paste that entire OP above to the feedback description box.

If you are unable to send the logs via the automated system for any reason you can collect and send the logs manually (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/194/How-to-send-HM3-log-files-to-support).

fozzy71
10-27-2019, 07:10 AM
I have recently migrated from HM2 -> HM3 and am having several issues.

1) HUD not appearing on WPN despite tournaments being tracked.

We had one issue with their HUDs after their new software this summer but AFAIK it should be working now.

Please see our HUD Troubleshooting FAQ (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/234/HUD-Troubleshooting) and if that does not help then please send the requested logs, screenshots, and hand history files in a support ticket as instructed at the bottom of that FAQ.

fozzy71
10-27-2019, 08:09 AM

We wrote this up to see if our developers could improve this behavior in some way. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link (https://support.holdemmanager.com/) and include "Notify Me When HMT-4850 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

For now I can only suggest that you track the rebuy info manually with paper/pencil or a word type document and make all the edits after you are done playing that session and the tournament detection process has finished.

We will need some sample hands so please zip/attach them so we can see if any of the rebuy information is included so please attach them as instructed below, when emailing as instructed above to be linked to the developer ticket for notification:

Please zip and email the problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us using the 'Contact Support' link here (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/product/1) for testing. Here is a direct link (https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/) to your My Tickets page. Please include a link to this forum thread and your forum name if there are multiple customers with similar issues in the thread.

Make sure you also include screenshots of your Tournaments report, with the Tournament Number stat visible, and a detailed description by tournament number of some of the errors we need to test.

If the hands are not importing at all they will be in the original folder, but if HM3 parsed some some of the files then they may have been archived. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by Site\Year\\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\PokerStars\2016\07\31).

When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.