PDA

View Full Version : Filter Query - Hands Based On VPIP

Snook
12-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi,

Under the Cash Games ---> Hands tab I would like to filter all the hands played against loose players, i.e. VPIP 35+ and preferably with a minimum number of hands.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Snook

morny
12-28-2008, 05:27 PM
No because your viewing 1 persons stats, to view this you need to go to the players TAB

Snook
12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Cheers Morny.

I've run the report as suggested and it brings back a list of players which is great because I can then analyse my hands vs the players individually. Two things have occured during my analysis that i'm struggling to understand which i'd be grateful if you could clear them up?

1, The report in the Players tab brought back a list of 6 names but then in the greyed out summary below it says '18 players'. Why does it say that when my report only brought back 6?

2, When I compare the results brought back by the Players tab report and the Cash Games ---> Hands tab they differ which I wasn't expecting. I've noticed this against the Hands and $ columns although there may be discrepancies in others?

Could it be anything to do with 3rd parties being involved in the hand? I've noticed that the figures brought back in the Cash Games ---> Hands tab contain players other than myself and the player I wished to analyse my play against. If this is the case that's fine I can easily sift through the hands of interest but how are the stats in the Players tab derived?

Thanks in advance.

Snook

morny
12-29-2008, 11:27 AM
1) Most likely due to the filters youve set on the left

2) Probably the same as above, make sure there are no filters set then run the report again

Snook
12-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi Morny, i'm still struggling to get my head round the difference between the two reports. I'm a Stox member and have posted a more detailed explanation on their forum which I have copy pasted below. Hopefully this might give you a better idea of where i'm going wrong?

Thanks

Snook

Thanks beatelevens, i've run the report but now i'm confused over the results (see below).

This is the list of players brought back but i don't understand why it says six different names but then states '18 players' in the greyed area below it?

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9540/playerstabta0.jpg

Then when i go into the Cash Games ---> Hands tab to review my play against an opponent it brings back different stats. For example if you look at 'Jonni_Mel' in the players tab i've played 61 hands against him and lost $20.05. But then when you look at the Cash Games ---> Hands tab it only brings back 60 hands and yet has me up by $3.30.

I contacted HEM support and they said the reason for the discrepancy is because I must be filtering a different set of results in each report but I can't see how. In my Player Tab report I only asked for a list of the players with a VPIP of 35+ with a minimum of 50 hands that played 25NL on Stars in December 08 (forgive the sample size i've just started a new 6max database).

Now if you look at the Cash Games ---> Hands ---> Filter I only ask for all the hands vs Jonni_Mel at 25NL. Incidentally when I search for Jonni_Mel on the vs player filter it actually says 61 hands but then only brings back 60. I also select Dec 2008 on the Hands filter. My alias only contains my Stars username.

Any idea where i'm going wrong? I'd be grateful if someone else could run a similar report on their HEM to see if they get conflicting results.

Thanks

A very confused Snook :confused:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8103/cashgameshandswr4.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6203/cashgameshandsfilterpu6.jpg

morny
12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
In the 1st screenshot youve lots of filters selected, From dec 2008 to dec 2008 is 1 so we only see decembers results, min of 50 hands which rules out people with 49 or less hands plus youve set it to only show people with a VPIP of 35 or greater