PDA

View Full Version : error when puring observed HH

StonedShisha
03-09-2011, 01:11 PM
hello
I have the latest version of HM
I have a really bigged DB with alot of mined hands, and just started to try to optimize it for performance. >So my plan was to purge observed HH at first step, then rebuild index and analyze vacuum and such..

but when i try to purge observed HH I get this after a long while of nothing happening:

There was an error during the Purge: A timeout has occured. If you were establishing a connection, increase Timeout value in ConnectionString. If you were executing a command, increate the CommandTimeout value in ConnectionString or in your NpgsqlCommand object.

Patvs
03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Which SQL version are you using?
Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

StonedShisha
03-09-2011, 08:35 PM
ihave 8.4
Ive read those performance tips.
I even searched the forums and found that u should try it on a smaller sample if u have a large database. I did, still didnt work.
i run HEM as admin as well.

Patvs
03-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Edit the postgresql.conf file assigning more RAM to SQL. Make sure NO program (i.e firewall/antivirus) is monitoring the SQL server.

So add postgres.exe and port 5432 to the Windows Firewall exceptions list.. and add the ENTIRE postgreSQL (and HoldemManager) folder to the anti virus exception list.

Try to update your SQL to 8.4.7 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org).
You get no errors when you vacuum/reindex the database in pgadminIII?

If you do get ANY error:
As a test, install PostgreSQL 9.0.3 to port 5433.
Only import a couple of handshistories (both observed HH + hands containing a hero) to check if you still get the error when purging hands.

StonedShisha
03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
I have 768mb assigned to postsql through the omptimise guide.
I get no errors when database vacuum and analysing
I have now added it in windows firewall as well but honestly doubt that would change anything. no other antivirus or firewall active during processes either..

the only thing left is to update postgres:
Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows)

since I have win64, does that mean i should go for the Version 9.0.3-1 directly?

StonedShisha
03-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Ohh wait.. now it worked for some reason..
the solution was either that I made a psql vacuum/analyze of the database.
or that I allowed postgres.exe through windows firewall manually..

dont know which one was doing the magic..

thank you
Last questions are to be sure:
1. purging observed handhistory: does it work to choose an alias for "do not delete hand histories played by" ?
2. if I purge from here. stats should not go away from peoples HUD when I sit down with them, even though I purge all hands I mined with them in? only difference is I cannot open replayer and watch the hands right? but it still registered n the databse and show in the HUD that htey played checkraise on turn on 10 of the pruged hands for example..?

cheers

netsrak
03-10-2011, 04:43 AM
1. Alias works
2. Yep