PDA

View Full Version : user account control

microtilt
12-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Hello
just downloaded and installed HM , already have postre db working, as I already use with PT.I turned off uac in vista to install HM then back on again. Now when I try to import HH it does nothing, I checked the paths. After reading a few help pages on this site , I see that I should have uac turned off all the time . Is this true?

morny
12-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Yes, it wont work without it off

microtilt
12-28-2008, 12:15 PM
It's working now with uac turned On. I went to the Hm folder and right clicked every .exe and changed to run as admin.

morny
12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
It might work but in almost every case youll see weird problems that it causes, some hands wont import, it will show wrong stats i.e 1500 hands where there is actually 5k and weird things like this, if its working then thats fine just to let you know of potential problems

Michael
02-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Has this problem been resolved already? Is it now possible to have UAC turned on and HM working properly?

It would really suck if I would have to have UAC turned off forever. I know that Windows isn't designed perfectly but I think that UAC has at plays at least some part in making Vista more secure than XP. I would be really disappointed if I had to leave UAC off forever just because of HM. Other software works fine with UAC on.

morny
02-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Unless your very good with computers Vista dont make this easy. Basically you need to install HM and PostgreSQL in the users/app data/local folder and then it will work however the files in there are hidden and protected so you need to tweak folder settings and i wouldnt attempt it unless youve a good knowledge and i dont know for sure if it works flawlessly as i havent tested it properly, basically there isnt much we can do as they make it extremely difficult

Michael
02-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't mean to come across as rude but if it is extremely difficult then how come no other application that I installed so far demanded to turn off UAC?
I am just curious.

morny
02-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Because we use PostgreSQL for the database and Vista blocks it when UAC is enabled so theres not much we can do until either Vista or PostgreSQL change something as weve no control over there development.