PDA

View Full Version : HEM when used by husband/wife

fishlady
03-09-2011, 03:55 AM
Hello,

my husband has HEM and uses it. I have recently started playing, and used it as well, putting my alias in his data bank. Which leads to my question:

What exactly is the TOS (I looked but am not sure) on this? Do I need to buy a license as well? It is only on one computer, but we are 2 users. I have played maybe 100 sngs so far. I dont want to get my husband in trouble, or go against the TOS at HEM. We are clear with the poker site that 2 people use the same computer, and we are aware of the guidelines, and we follow them. But in HEM we have 2 players on one site.

Are there any issues we need to be aware of when we have 2 players using the same site in HEM? Any tips on how to set this up so it works (I have problems replaying any hands after hand 532 for some reason)

I just assumed the license was for the computer, and if it is user specific, I will, of course, fulfill the TOS and purchase it. If its ok for a husband and wife to use it, please let me know where I can find info on how to properly set HEM up for multiple users on the same site. (Well, let me know how to do this anyway, as in any case I will want to use HEM, whether I need to pay a new license or not)

I have been marking hands, but in my "Hands" column, cannot see any hands sice 2 week. Any ideas why this is? I see 1700 hands in my HEM for my alias, but HEM only shows 532 hands in the Hands column.

netsrak
03-09-2011, 04:44 AM
1. license: the license is valid for 2 of your computers. There is no limit to the number of users on one computer. So its ok if you both use the same Holdemmanager license on one computer. (Technically spoken there is no other solution for 2 people using holdemmanager on the same computer).

2. your hands problem: there seems to be something wrong with your database.
Please remove the 3 winner card columns from the hands view (under options -> settings -> hands view columns)
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

fishlady
03-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Thanks Netsrak!

I removed the winner columns, but no difference.

I dont understand the pgadminIII Maintenance advice above.

I did create a new data base, imported all my hands, and still the same problem. I can see all my games in the "Results" column, as well as all my 1st/2nd/3rd and so on finishes.

However, I may have done something which is part of the problem. In order for my husband and I to keep our info separate - we both want to be able to find our separate HH's for post game analysis - we have our import folders set so that we are not archiving in the same folder. I have mine, as an example, under HMarchive/2011/my-site-name-with-poker-site-name/2011/ and from here it is divided into month/day/ then the HH's are stored. (Am I making this clear what I mean??)

I dont know if that is a wrong way to do it, and this may be part of the problem.

Thanks for your help, and especially for your quick response.

HEM support will get a +1 at our forum from us!!

PS, if our archiving is the problem, can I re-import keeping my hands marked, as I have marked a bunch (that I cant find...lol)? and is there any way to keep our HH's separate so we can each do post game analysis with the HH's, and not have to wade through each others games?

And one more question:

How can I replay a single entire SnG in the HEM re player? Is there a shortcut so I can replay single games w/o having to pick the hands of a game out, but rather have all the hands in the game open independently of all other SnGs?

netsrak
03-09-2011, 10:26 AM
The different archiving folders should be no problem. Do you change the archive settings every time you our your husband start a session or are you playing on different sites with different archive settings? (Just curious)

If it doesn't work with a new database there must be another problem with the hands. Please post a screenshot of the report where you don't see the hands.

The marked hands flag will get lost with a fresh import. The only way to separate the handhistories is with the user name.

To replay a whole tourney click on it in tourney results -> dataview. In the hands view select all hands, click on the time column header to get the hands sorted properly. Now start the replayer by right-clicking on a hand -> replay all hands.

fishlady
03-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi again,

I cannot get it to change. My husband has all his hands, mine do not show after the 25th of Feb. I only started playing on the 22nd of feb (at full tilt, where I have started tracking my hands).

I am uploading 2 screenshots, one shows that all my game results are in HEM and the other shows "all" my hands.

I dont know if you need other infoo. If you do, let me know.

I have made a new database, and imported all my hands, and the results are the same, only hands till the 25th Feb. My husband did it as well, and his stuff shows up fine, in the old and new database.

Oh yea, there are no filters on.

netsrak
03-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

fishlady
03-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

OK. All the HH's? Do you just need mine - will be around 150 games, or 1800 hands - or all the HH's in the archive? Cause that would be 60K+ with my husbands?

Do you need a screen shot of the file tree? Or a detailed description? (You mentioned it should make no difference, but just in case)

Edit:

As I am looking myself at what could be wrong, we did the separate file system after I had some games in the archive folder already. So I have games in a separate folder, and some other games in a community folder with my husband. Could that be a part of the problem?

Patvs
03-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Just email us ONE of the recent HH files, where hands don't show up.

Also can you attach your holdemmanager.config file.

fishlady
03-11-2011, 04:58 AM
Just email us ONE of the recent HH files, where hands don't show up.

Also can you attach your holdemmanager.config file.

OK, done!

fishlady
03-16-2011, 01:41 PM
I still have the same problem after creating a new data base and re importing all hands. There are a few other issuers as well.

Should I just erase and re install?

Patvs
03-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Try creating a new empty database (options--> database management) and reimport them.

Did support already email you back in response if there was anything wrong with the handhistory file?

fishlady
03-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Try creating a new empty database (options--> database management) and reimport them.

Did support already email you back in response if there was anything wrong with the handhistory file?

I already did a new data base and nothing changed. I tried a re-index in pgadminIII as well.

Ive heard nothing back from support yet.

netsrak
03-17-2011, 09:30 AM
I see no mails send from your forum email address in our support system. Did you use another one?

fishlady
03-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi, I used the email address as listed below - and is my email for the forum - but I copied and pasted the reply I got, if that helps.

Subject: Hand problem in HEM
To: <support@holdemmanager.net>
Date: 2011-03-11 08:41:06
- Show quoted text -
Hi, I was asked to send a HH and a link to the thread explaining what the problem is: I will explin here as well. I am seeing a total of 572 hands in my HEM tourney results column.even though I have over 9500 so far. I started playing at Full Tilt (the only site in HEM) on the 22 of February, and it shows hands till the 25th of Feb. Screen shots are in the thread.

The link to the thread is here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/53811-hem-when-used-husband-wife.html#post264521

I was asked to attach a HH that does not show in my hands column (this is the last HH I played) and my holdemmaneger.config. I used 7zip to compress them, I hope this is ok.

Thanks for your help.

R.Fletcher

Forward

Hello -

We just want you to know that your request has been received and that we will reply shortly. We strive to answer all emails as quickly as possible - almost always within a couple hours and rarely more than 24. We answer emails based on the order we receive them, if you reply to an email before one of our staff have responded this will push your ticket further down the queue.

In many instances, your issue can be resolved most quickly on your own. Please reference the links below for access to our FAQ's and guides.

Regards,
Hold'em Manager Support

FAQ Homepage

License & Registration
Various License and Registration Solutions

Installation & Setup
Hold'em Manager Install
Hold'em Manager Crash Course
Player Name & Alias

HUD & Stat Related
Editing Your HUD
Stat Definitions
Stats 101 Video

Video Library
Video Library Homepage

Forward

|
Bugs - Normal
to me

show details Mar 12 (5 days ago)

Hi,

I want to let you know that your bug has been received and will be tested in the order it was received. We have a large backlog of parsing bugs right now and it will take us some time to get through them all and get caught back up.

Once we have tested and documented it thoroughly we will send you our results and/or ask for any other info/files that we may need to help resolve it.

Regards
RDB

Original Message
----------------
Subject: Hand problem in HEM
To: <support@holdemmanager.net>
Date: 2011-03-11 08:41:06
- Show quoted text -

fozzy71
03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
This is caused by a regional settings issue. Notice in the screen shot filespic1.png that windows recognizes the file as a Type: 50SITGO File.

Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default, but mine are visible. Configuring Windows To Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

To fix this you just need to change your Windows Regional Settings. Go to the Control Panel and open the Regional and Language Options and select English (USA) as the "Current Format".

Make sure windows is fully updated and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Make sure your poker client and the hand histories are both in English also.

Restart your computer.

Once you get all those settings corrected you can email full tilt support and ask them to email you all of your old hand histories and tourney summaries to import to HM. They should import fine once your PC is set to English format.

fishlady
03-17-2011, 11:52 AM
This is caused by a regional settings issue. Notice in the screen shot filespic1.png that windows recognizes the file as a Type: 50SITGO File.

Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default, but mine are visible. Configuring Windows To Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

To fix this you just need to change your Windows Regional Settings. Go to the Control Panel and open the Regional and Language Options and select English (USA) as the "Current Format".

Make sure windows is fully updated and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Make sure your poker client and the hand histories are both in English also.

Restart your computer.

Once you get all those settings corrected you can email full tilt support and ask them to email you all of your old hand histories and tourney summaries to import to HM. They should import fine once your PC is set to English format.

I have my regional settings set to English (USA). My OS is in German, but the Regional settings are in English. My poker client and all HH are in English.

My PC came with XP only in German, and this is a drag, as I would rather have it in English, but it has never been an issue so far. I have all my hands in other sites and many hands from Full Tilt that show up, as well as my husband who plays on Full Tilt as well, and he can see all of his hands. I can see the hands in Data View, but not in "Hands" in the Tourney column in HEM.

There is a problem as well with Data View, my husband made a thread about that, but I will mention it as well. It is that no hands are viewable in Tourney/Results/Data View for MTTS at all (I only play SnGs but my husband plays everything) and only Turbo single table SnGs show hands in Data View. If I change the speed in "Edit" to Turbo on a regular STT then I can see the hands.

I CAN see the hands in Data View/Results in Turbo on all hands from SnGs (but must change Regular speed to Turbo to see the hands in a 5.50 Reg.speed SnG for example), although under Tourney/hands I can only see around 572 of my 2000 or so hands I played.

There is a date where my Tourney/Hands stops showing up. I looked at the files and can see no difference between the files that show up and those that do not.

My file extensions were not hidden, I had changed this last year already.

So I cannot find any rhyme or reason why this is so weird. I think deleting HEM and postgres and re-installing may be the only way, unless you know some other trick.

I have created new data bases, imported all hands, done a re-index, all to no avail.

Just to let you know, windows is recognizing all my HH as text files, both before and after the date where I no longer see them.

fishlady
03-17-2011, 12:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ please disregard all my posts till now :-(

OK, all is now clear, it was a filter set to turbo, and regular in each case, - as well as the MTT thing - even tho my filter said "no filter", it was under Tourney details, and this was the problem all along..................
All is working and I need to say 2 things

1. Sorry for not checking this earlier. When I saw "no filter" I assumed there was no filter, but there was.

2. Thanks for all you help, and please do not put me under the category of someone who thinks their PC is broke because they forgot to plug it in, cause thats what I feel like now..........

netsrak
03-18-2011, 04:28 AM
:)