PDA

View Full Version : Safe to change screen name on Winamax? How will vs hero stats behave?

11-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Hi,

I want to change my screen name on Winamax but I am afraid of a conflict happening with vs hero stats in my HUD since technically the hero will have changed. In the past I have had problems after changing the screen name and the vs hero stats just stayed blank until I created a new database where I imported hands only with the new screen name. However, I would like not to create a new database this time. Is there a way to make this work? What are my options regarding vs hero stat behaviour after having two different heroes?

udbrky
11-08-2017, 12:37 AM
The names will be separate. You can merge into an alias, but the HUD will be separate.

11-08-2017, 06:16 AM
Ok, but if I add the new screen name to the already existing alias where the old screen name is as well?

Let's say there's the old SN – let's call it Bob, and the new SN – Jim. If Bob has played a lot of hands vs a certain opponent called Jack and has plenty of vs hero stats gained on him, what will those vs hero stats say once I start playing as Jim vs the same opponent? Will all stats except vs hero stats be blank and start count from 0?

In the past I recall them being blank and staying blank no matter what I did. They somehow became broken and only a new database could fix that.

udbrky
11-08-2017, 02:48 PM
It should combine the vs hero for all names in the alias.

But this will only be in the replayer, not on live tables, because the name pulled from the HUD is the name on the table.

11-08-2017, 06:03 PM
So what will happen live at the tables then?

udbrky
11-08-2017, 08:42 PM
You'll see vs that hero name.