PDA

View Full Version : How can I open the config.HEM file?

Anders
03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I've tried opening in notepad and in IE, and neither works. In notepad it appears as gibberish! I'm trying to adjust the session timeout so that if I stop playing for 15 minutes, HEM will record it as two sessions instead of one.

Veteran68
03-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Config.HEM is a binary file, possibly a persisted object store, and it's not meant to be edited by hand. And if you do so, it would likely screw up the world.

I assume what you're looking for is the HoldemManager.config file in the Config folder, and this setting in particular:

<setting name="SessionTimeoutDuration">30</setting>
Although I'm not sure of the ramifications of editing this directly, or whether there is a proper way to edit it from within HEM (I haven't looked).

Anders
03-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Config.HEM is a binary file, possibly a persisted object store, and it's not meant to be edited by hand. And if you do so, it would likely screw up the world.

I assume what you're looking for is the HoldemManager.config file in the Config folder, and this setting in particular:

<setting name="SessionTimeoutDuration">30</setting>
Although I'm not sure of the ramifications of editing this directly, or whether there is a proper way to edit it from within HEM (I haven't looked).

Worked perfectly. Thanks very much!