PDA

View Full Version : Actions/hand by position

a.k.a.Also
03-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Saw an interesting question on 2+2

Originally Posted by Miercoles333
Does anyone know if it there is an option in HEM to see what a player does (ex. limp/fold/raise) with each of the starting hands from each position preflop, if we have enough HH on them???

Thanks in advance for the help!

Pretty much nailed by Fozzy as per usual

During the game? The closest thing would be the Active Player Details Window. It has some of the info you want, but not all of the specifics.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...+Detail+Window

It can only really be done via filtering in the Reports. If you go to the Cash Games > Reports tab and check the [x] Use and group by currently active players instead of selected player to see all your current opponents. Then you can pick the Select Report Name From List option to see everyones various holecards (including your own).

This can be a bit messy with many villains. If you go to the Players tab and use the [x] Only Show Players Playing Now option you will get a list of all your opponents. Then you can right-click and Select This Player. Then you can go to the Cash Games > Reports tab and view only his details under the various reports and filters.

But it piqued my interest so I went a bit further and found the Preflop Cards feature which I've not really used before.

As I don't have thousands of hands on villains I just combined a few randoms to make a villain alias. With all the filters available this looks to be very useful.

I also rehashed a combined report I've been playing with, joining the hand groupings and positions together.
Here's a shot of the big ace hands from middle position as selected in the Preflop Cards window above.

Here's the report in case it's of use to anyone else

<Report Name="HEHandGroupingsByPos" FilterByExpression="PH.HoleCardValue_ID > 0" Version="1.1">
<Groupings>
<Grouping FieldExpression="HMHANDGROUPING" ColumnName="Grouping" ColumnHeader="Grouping" ColumnFormat="" ColumnWidth="70" ToolTip="Cards" />
</Groupings>

<Groupings>
<Grouping FieldExpression="PositionType_ID" ColumnName="PositionType_ID" ColumnHeader="Position" ColumnWidth="120">
<Ranges>
<Range MinValue="0" MaxValue="0" RangeName="1) Small Blind" />
<Range MinValue="1" MaxValue="1" RangeName="2) Big Blind" />
<Range MinValue="2" MaxValue="2" RangeName="3) Early" />
<Range MinValue="3" MaxValue="3" RangeName="4) Middle" />
<Range MinValue="4" MaxValue="4" RangeName="5) Cutoff" />
<Range MinValue="5" MaxValue="5" RangeName="6) Button" />
</Ranges>
</Grouping>
</Groupings>
<Stats>
<Stat StatName="VPIP" />