PDA

View Full Version : Filtering out Freerolls from Real Money games

Halfcent50
03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi,

I previously posted the gist of this in the "Manager General" forum.

Is there a way to separate Freeroll tourneys from $ buy-in tourneys? I play Freerolls quite differently from real $ buyin games, and would like to separate the two styles when using the Reports, Preflop Cards and Hands pages.

NETSRAK suggested that I try filtering for Freerolls by entering a buyin range of 0 to 0.01.

I tried that (on the "Tourney > Reports" page). It accepts the values when I save it, but it shows I have only played 23 hands at that buyin level (I have actually played many thousands of Freeroll hands). If I then try edit the filter again, I receive this error:

http://currentaffairsblog.com/imgs/HEM-error.jpg

I copied and saved the "Details" text from the error message above, and can post it if needed. It is quite long, so I won't unless you request it.

I either have to "Continue" with or "Quit" HEM at this point. Either way, I have to clear the filter before I can edit it. It works fine on the "Tourney > Results" page, but nowhere else.

I play on both Stars and Tilt. I have the "Small Stakes Holdem" version of HEM.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Patvs
03-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Which SQL version are you using??

Can you see ALL your NON-freeroll tournies (so do the opposite of what you were doing) if you set to buyin filter to minimum is $1+?

Halfcent50
03-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the reply.
1. Windows XP Home ver, Windows Firewall, Avast Antivirus

2. I have no idea about the SQL version - how do I find out?

3. I can see all tourneys with the default setting - $0-$10,000. I play a lot of $0.55 BLT satellite tourneys on FullTilt (good BR builders). But, if I set the minimum at $0.55, I receive the error posted above (except in the Tourney > Results page). If I set it to $0.00-$0.01 to $0.00 to $0.99 (on the Tourney > Reports page), I receive the error above. It doesn't seem to like minimum values below $1 (except for $0).

Try this on yours. Select Tourney > Hands. Filter > Edit. Set Buyin to 0 to 0.99. Save and Close. If it is like mine, NO hands will be displayed. Click Refresh, and same result. Click Filter > Edit, and you should get the error in my post above. Click Continue. Click Filter > Clear, and all will be back to normal.

I am leaving for two weeks, so I cannot install the Beta version, but I will on my return. I will check this thread when I can in order to see if you get the same results that I do by following the instructions in the paragraph above.

Thanks,

Ron

Patvs
03-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Email us a handhistory of a $0.55 buyin tourney with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com so I can attempt to duplicate the issue.

Halfcent50
03-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Will do.

Thanks

DONE! :-)

Ron