PDA

View Full Version : Hem3 suggestions

wtfpwnage
12-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Hey, I would like to share a few suggestions which would make the work with HEM a lot easier.

1) Automatic currency exchange rates corresponding to the dates of hands. Euro was a lot stronger than US dollar a couple of years ago, now the US dollar is worth almost the same as the Euro. Maybe even add the option to account for inflation, though that would not be as needed.

2) Easier alias editing, the ability to put aliases into an order, to copy several nicknames into a new alias instead of manually doing everything one by one and to merge several aliases into one alias.

3) Opponents tab: Being able to drag profiles right into the alias profiles and the ability to organize profiles based upon statistics predefined by us just like in the regular reports.

I think mass database analyses would be a lot easier with these suggestions.

Thanks for listening.

udbrky
12-20-2016, 07:33 PM
I passed along these suggestions.

wtfpwnage
12-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Also all stats available for HUD should be available in reports. For some reason they are not. Thanks for taking notice.

Ngonmesh
12-21-2016, 06:03 AM
I would like the HUD to actually be designed to not be a visual mess on the screen. Jivaro is a good place to take a look and get inspiration from. That HUD looks like it was designed within the poker client it self.

Being able to import images with alphas to create our own huds would also be awesome. Pluss the ability to link an input of numbers to represent it self as a bar that grows in length, or changes colors etc, and then the ability to move that bar in any way we would want.

The creators should look at games and how interface should look and feel and work.

beninu
03-18-2017, 09:12 AM
They could actually look at the company they merged with PT4 as it is possible to design your own huds with alpha-blend (if that's what you mean) in PT4 HUD designer.

Look at these two examples below of HUDs I 'programmed' myself. I also find the 'programming language' where you can write complex formulas with predefined variables to make your own stat definitions to be a much faster way than the way it's done in HM2. I use HM2 at the moment because it has better support for NoteCaddy and LeakBuster included and they are so much more comprehensive than NoteTracker and LeakTracker in PT4. But almost once a year I switch to the other product because I am so tired of missing out of what is in the other product. I whish they'd make one great product from the two now that the companies behind PT4 and HM2 have merged anyway. But now that it is no longer a disaster for HM2 if customers switch to PT4 I could fear that they would care a little less with inventing new features - just thinking out loud.

Never mind my rambling - take a look at my 'homegrown' HUD's below. They are both made in PT4 and makes a completely different experience and are so much faster and easier to read - especially if you play up to 16 tables.

NB! All screenshots are from PokerStars - don't mind the fact that I play on a private skin made for pokerstars to make the tables easier to read. I've also used these HUDs on standard tables that comes with PokerStars without any problems.

The two below are two different graphical HUD's that I made for PT4 with my own designed 'meters' in stead of figures. I find this faster to read when multitabling. This is only possible in PT4 right now, but I would love to be able to program my own intelligence into HM2 too.
161860 161861

This last one is table/column-based - another thing that is only possible in PT4. In HM2 you cannot align your columns with equal with to make the HUD more readable. That would really have been nice. You see how the different backgrounds makes for some really neat columns.

On a sidenote: Notice that I can actually make my own definitions for specific player types - something that are not allowed in commercial HUDs anymore when playing on PokerStars. But if you can program the functionality into your own HUD by advanced use of conditional formulas, then you can easily add this feature to any site you play. The above pics are all from PokerStars.

I hope this can be of inspiration to the developers. ;-)

udbrky
03-19-2017, 02:47 AM
HM3 and PT4's HUD will be more similar.

beninu
03-21-2017, 02:53 PM
The currency exchange rates of the days played is actually a super interesting suggestion. That couldn't be too hard to obtain - at least not for future hands. It is actually possible to get historical exchange rates for specific dates years back in time, but to update an entire DB with maybe millions of hands would be a time consuming process. On the other hand just looking up exchange rates once every hour of play, would be a very simple task making it easy to see what your bankroll represents in real money. As long as the bankroll are still managed in the poker clients it will of course just be the current exchange rate that is of interest as to the value of your BR, but to see how much your roll has actually developed in your own currency due to the swings in exchange rates would be an interesting feature. I second that! (y)

beninu
03-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Regarding HUD editor

From the few screenshots of the new HUD editor that has been released it looks as if you have taken a lot of the functionality from the PokerTracker4 HUD editor, amongst other things the optional grid alignment of the HUD's, which is a very nice feature. Nevertheless the PT4 HUD editor is also still very rudimentary so being one of those that constantly make new HUDs and who tweak the default stats to cover specific stack sizes, etc. etc. I shall make a few suggestions that would really be nice.

I would like to suggest a copy-paste function so that it will be much easier to mark a field, a selection of fields, a line or several lines in the stat group and copy-paste them in either same group to quickly duplicate lines that are similar, or to another stat-group wether it be a table group or a popup group and between different kinds of stat groups (the last option of course only if the stats are compatible with the other group type).

I often start a new stat group from scratch, and I usually duplicate another HUD or stat-group to have a starting point, and I have made a couple of default groups with text groups but it is still a hassle.

It would be really nice to be able to copy-paste lines in a stat-group, as it would make a lot of the formatting a lot easier. Every time I add a new stat field or text field it starts in the same default font, font-size, font-weight, alignment, background color, text-color, etc. and most of the times I need the same formatting of the text field as one of the previous text fields in the stat-group as they are often tables with stats and text arranged in columns. That would make it a lot faster to create new HUD's.

It will also make the making of similar looking HUD groups much easier and thereby making the creation of professional looking HUD's a lot easier.

Along with this it would also be nice if you could edit a stat-field by substituting with another stat but keeping the formatting of the field. Now I have to delete the stat (including all the formatting of the stat-field) and add a new stat to the HUD, and the formatting of the stat returns to default formatting. If I can select a specific stat in my HUD-group and subsititute with a different stat without losing my formatting, HUD creation would also become a lot less tedious.

It would also be nice with a few different copy-paste options, such as "paste stat only (skip formatting)" (to be able to re-use and insert a previously used stat or text in an existing field that might come from a popup with a different formatting) and "paste formatting only (keep stat/text)" (to be able to reuse the formatting from other fields, such as font-size, -weight, -style, -color, text-alignment, background color, etc. in your popup so it will be a simple task to make all stats look the same).

Furthermore it would be nice if you didn't only have one global "padding"-setting for the whole grid, but if you could actually have an individual setting for the cell that would override the global setting if set, to make it possible to make individual exceptions to the cell padding in grid-aligned popups or HUD-groups. As of now I have to insert small blank text-fields with spaces in them to acheive a specific padding and the result is not always that brilliant even with mono-spaced fonts.

As of now you have a few stats that can be shown in graphical format as a simple colored bar. Will you add more of these predefined graphical stats to the HUD editor, and make it possible to further manipulate their size, with, color, etc.?

Finally: I would like a comprehensive documentation of the syntax of the expression field (like the one I can see in the screenshots that looks like the one in the PT4 editor). I know that in PT4 it is to some extent a subset of the syntax used in the SQL language when formatting output, but it would be nice to know how extensive the formatting of the output is. Would it be possible to use RegExp to describe output notation of decimals, leading or trailing zeroes, etc. Could you implement SQL as a means of selecting rows for reports and popup HUDs?

I hope all this makes sense.

Kind regards

Beninu Andersen
DENMARK

fozzy71
04-17-2017, 08:38 AM
I apologize for the delay in reply. I saw this when you posted it and copied it over to our internal feedback tracking document for management but forgot to reply here.

DonkSpirit
05-10-2017, 05:21 PM
1) Automatic currency exchange rates corresponding to the dates of hands. Euro was a lot stronger than US dollar a couple of years ago, now the US dollar is worth almost the same as the Euro. Maybe even add the option to account for inflation, though that would not be as needed.

I would go even further than that. A simple bankroll managment section would be nice, where we can manage all poker platforms and all cashouts/deposits, so you only need to click one button and you'll be able to see your overall bankroll, not only your winnings, but also your bonuses, cashouts etc.. I doesn't need to be overly complicated. Just, so we have a better overview and can manage our money better.

I suggested this years ago, maybe this time I'm lucky. :)