PDA

View Full Version : Can I import HM2 backup from Postgres 8.4 to Postgres 9.6.1?

trzasku
11-26-2016, 02:26 PM
I am reinstalling postgre to another drive. To do this I have to download the Postgre installer so why not install the newest version I think :) But I want to ask you if there will be no problems when I try to import my backup in HM2.

udbrky
11-26-2016, 06:05 PM
Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2151/What+Files+Should+I+Backup+to+Protect+my+Holdem+Ma nager%3F)

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.

trzasku
11-27-2016, 09:25 AM
I imported my 8.4 backup to a 9.6 Postgre and everything is ok. Should I be worried of future errors or do they only appear while importing?

I export now all hero hands and create a new database.

fozzy71
11-27-2016, 11:33 AM
If there are future manual/auto import issues they will be shown in the Options > Hand Importing > Import History menu to review.