PDA

View Full Version : Can I transfer settings for shown stats in report from desktop to laptop?

skanberg
11-23-2016, 04:00 AM
On my desktop I have enabled a large number of stat-columns shown (E.g. 3bet from SB, 3bet from BB, SB defend steal etc) in several of my report tabs. I want to transfer these settings to my HEM on my laptop.

How do I do that?

udbrky
11-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2151/What+Files+Should+I+Backup+to+Protect+my+Holdem+Ma nager%3F)

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.

skanberg
11-24-2016, 12:43 AM
The FAQ is good for restoring general settings. It DID NOT SOLVE my problem, however.

I succeed in restoring settings from the backup file. The important part is missing:

In the "Reports" tab you can add hundreds of different stats to be shown by column. You do this by clicking "stats" to the very left (e.g. to the left of "total hands" in the "overall" tab.

As a standard, the overall tab will include

Total Hands
Net Won USD
bb/100
etc

However, *what I want to transfer from desktop top laptop are the around one hundred carefully selected and organized extra stats*.

Such as
3Bet from MP
3Bet from CO
3Bet from BTN
etc

The window is called "Select Report Statistics" and it is the list to the left called "Included Statistics" that I wish to transfer.

How do I do that?

udbrky
11-26-2016, 03:35 AM
Copy the reports folder in

For Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:
Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How are Hidden Files Viewed in Windows? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/832/How+are+Hidden+Files+Viewed+in+Windows%3F+)

and paste it in the other computer.

The folders you should transfer are listed in the FAQ.