PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a new hh folder to use Idle miner?

mksmipalla
12-26-2008, 04:32 PM
I just started running idle miner to datamine on Absolute. My question is do I need to make a new folder to use it or do I just start HM and have Idle miner send hhs to my absolute/handhistories folder where HM will get them then move them to the arcive folder like normal and get stats? Also since I don't have my screen name in the auto import folder for absolute is it posable to datamine with just HM?

thanks for the help.

morny
12-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Its not possible to datamine with HM anymore since they changed network. You just need to setup a new auto import folder and point it to the folder where the miner saves the HH and then HM will move them from that folder after a while to C:/HMArchive or you can specify where to move them to

mksmipalla
12-27-2008, 12:28 PM
ok so I should not have idle miner send the hands to the c:\Poker Application\Absolute Poker\Hand History folder that I already have set up for Absolute. I should make a new folder for Idle miner to send the hads then make a new folder in HM so it can get the handes from the Idle miner folder then move them? Also is it ok to have the hands sent to the c:\HMArcive folder or is it better to make a seperate one? Thank you for all the help. This is the first time I am using this.

morny
12-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Well sending the files to that folder would work fine too as long as HM is importing from the folder it will work, it dosent really make a difference where you send the processed HH

mksmipalla
12-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Mory thanks for the help. Really appreciate it. I have it running now and I am getting stats. How long should it take for HM to move the HH from the Absolute HH folder to the HMarcive folder. It's run for 20 min and they have not moved yet? Is it a problem the the file in Idle miner does not have the +subfolder at the end of it like it does in the HM folder.

morny
12-28-2008, 11:08 AM
They dont move immediately only when the files havent been accessed/modified for 15-60 depending on the version you have