PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Lagging After a Few Hours

jschlach
10-28-2016, 12:14 AM
My Laptop is 9 months old and is an MSI with i7-6700HQ, 16GB Ram and 128GB SSD(where all things poker are) and 1TB for everything else.

I run HM2, NoteCaddy, NCE, NCPredator, StackandTile,888Caption, TableNinja, PartyEZcash and play on Party, 888, WSOP and Stars around 12-16 tables.

Over the last few weeks my computer has started to lag. Almost immedately after I start playing, I can no longer open HM2 without clicking on it and waiting 30 seconds or so for it to pop up without clicking on anything else. I can't open any reports without giving it my full attention and waiting for them to open. Aside from this, my computer works perfectly for a few hours, then every few minutes all of the sites will freeze so that I can't click anything for 10 seconds. Occasionally one of the tables will turn black(like frozen), and then snap back to working. At around the time that it begins to lag, if I move a table from one position to another, the HUD does not follow and remains in the place where it originally was. The there is a noticeable lag in the HUD when tables are on top of each other.

Any thoughts or advice on how to make it better?

Thanks,
Jason

jschlach
10-28-2016, 01:33 AM
Forgot to add that I have done all of the HM2 tuning advocated by AJackson and by you when I first got the laptop.

udbrky
10-28-2016, 05:04 PM
If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
- Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools or Start > Search > 'Event Viewer') > Windows Logs > Applications.
- Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
- Please send a log file as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F)

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click > 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com