PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalled postgres, new db, OLD HM2 notes?

Colin252
10-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Is there any way to and if so how can I recover my old notes from my old db after I unistalled, then reinstalled postgres?

udbrky
10-19-2016, 06:21 PM
backup the database and restore it.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2151/What+Files+Should+I+Backup+to+Protect+my+Holdem+Ma nager%3F)

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.

Colin252
10-20-2016, 09:23 AM
I assume the database does not exist any more (?) as I deleted then reinstalled postgres on the advice of support

udbrky
10-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Looking at the history, it sounds like the Postgres was corrupted. It wouldn't be possible to retrieve it afterwards. Make sure that you make backups of data regularly.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2151/What+Files+Should+I+Backup+to+Protect+my+Holdem+Ma nager%3F)

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.

Colin252
10-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Something you said got through, found a 2 month old back up I'd made previously after your advice last time.
Thank you for your help, invaluable as ever :-)

udbrky
10-22-2016, 02:39 AM
You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.