PDA

View Full Version : Tournament summary and editing them

Ziraili
10-17-2016, 12:37 AM
So i noticed this little wierd thing when going through my Tournament Reports to check out a new 6-man KO SnG i been trying out lately. What initially annoyed me was that since this is a 6man table - 18 players max SnG, it ends up being split between the "Table Size 9 MTT" and "Table Size 9 Two-Tables" under the same stakes. I did some research, and if my first hand gets played sitting at Table 3, then its registered as a MTT, but if im at table 1 or 2, then it gets listed as Two-Table. In both cases however its automatically given the 9man table size, something that's obviously wrong for both cases, but it does apply the correct "18-person" Tag...

Oh well, i could just manually edit them and change to the correct size and tables so they all get listed in the same category, right? no big deal..

Well, if you do that, the changes only last until i sync my database with Cloud, if i swap player selected, or if i restart HM2. Basically any action that triggers HM2 to "Load player hands" again, and the manual changes i did gets reset back to what the auto-importer originally had them listed as. This shouldnt be the case, right? I did some more testing with a new database, and it seems to not only apply to this specific SnG, but all my tournaments in general. Anything that i change if double-clicking a single tourny and edit details will reset, but for some reason if i assign new tags to them, those changes will stick through a client-restart etc.

Also another bug i found is that if i first get a KO Bounty, and then someone else later gets a bounty, the auto-importer adds up a pretty insane cumulative bounty to my (and the other persons) Winnings.

In one of these 18man SnG's i did, the following example was the result of auto-importer:
"Hero wins the $11.58 bounty for eliminating PlayerA"
"PlayerB wins the $11.58 bounty for eliminating PlayerC"
"PlayerD wins the $11.58 bounty for eliminating PlayerE"
"PlayerB wins the $11.58 bounty for eliminating Hero"

I first eliminate PlayerA as 17th
PlayerB had a 5x bounty listed as his winnings when PlayerC was eliminated 12th
PlayerD had a 3x bounty listed as his winnings when PlayerE was eliminated 10th
I (hero) was eliminated 9th, but was listed with a 196,86$ (17xbounty) Winnings.

At first i thought the 17x bounty might have something to do with PlayerA finishing 17th, but it also need to be said that playerB only had 2 actual KO's, not 5, and PlayerD only had 1 instead of 3, and that the other KO's happened at other tables. Another thing is that when i made a new database and manually imported the tournament, this error was not reproduced. And no, this wasn't in one of those progressive bounty-builder tournaments, its a standard PokerStars KO SnG. It also only apply to tournaments where i get a KO. If im first to be eliminated on my table, then whoever KO me has a normal 1x bounty listed as winnings. Also in some cases someone still might be listed with a correct 1x bounty, even if i get a KO and then later a few other happens (that gets listed wrong), but the last person who KO me still has the correct 1x bounty

udbrky
10-17-2016, 05:09 PM
Please update to this version
http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/8449_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

Any tournament with more than 1 table (and many single table games) will require a separate Tournament Summary/History file to be imported for HM2 to properly calculate the size, places, and prizes. Without this information its impossible for HM2 to know the correct results. If you have any discrepancies you will need to edit the results manually - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Reports / Tournaments/ Tournament/ Tournament Editor (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2082/Reports+%7B47%7D+Tournaments%7B47%7D+Tournament%7B 47%7D+Tournament+Editor)

You may need to request and import any/all of your old tournament histories and import those to HM2 to correct issues with old tournaments showing wrong results. Stars did not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive in the past, like FTP did, so please enable the option in the PokerStars client via their lobby options and make sure that HM2 has added both the hand history and summary folder to your Auto Import Folder Configuration and this will ensure future tournaments have correct results automatically.
Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Poker Stars Setup (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/642/Poker+Stars+Setup)

For older tournaments email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Audit Files in .htm format. They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder and then manually import those files by going to the Importing option in the HM Ribbon menu and choosing import from folders in the manual import section. You may see import errors as some of these hands are probably already imported.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments and repeat the process of importing all the files. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions otherwise they will not import. You can view this FAQ for more information on importing emailed hand histories:
Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How are emailed hands imported into Holdem Manager? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2022/How+are+emailed+hands+imported+into+Holdem+Manager %3F)

If you continue to have problems please zip and email the problem hand histories to us.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth e.g C:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31 or if it was auto-imported with v7283+ it would be in C:\HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.

Ziraili
10-23-2016, 05:43 AM
Now i have nothing in particular against pre-written replies to support requests in the first place, but if they fail to even aim in the right direction as the original post tries to describe a issue, then they only serve as a annoying delay for the customer, and instead serve as something to make them loose faith instead of restoring it for you product...

I have tried to describe a issue that has nothing to do with not having tournaments imported in the first place, so im well aware about my hand history files, but the fact remains that it gets somehow imported incorrect, and when trying to edit them to fix the error, it gets reverted back to the original error when relaunching HM2.. In fact just the same issue as Massimo1977 described in far fewer words in this thread (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/359331-editing-tournaments-problem-tournament-summary-error.html) back in 2012! Clearly the issue have been around for some time and not been solved even if you update HM2 to the newest patch...

Lets be clear: Editing a tournament summary does not actually write that change into the PostgresSQL database, but instead just temp-adjusts that edit into the memory of HM2.. So when you relaunch HM2, and it reads the PSQL DB again, the error still remains.

Also the 2nd part of my report points out how the error occur in the first place, since the auto-importer seem to add bounties in a non-logical way from time to time. Instead of saying "you get +1" when you KO someone, it goes "ok, this time you get 3x, next time you maybe get 1, who knows", so it ends up being wrong data writen to the DB in the first place, and since your unable to edit that data, your shit out of luck...

udbrky
10-23-2016, 10:27 PM
If the tournament summaries are not fixing it. Then as we said, send in the hand history and tournament summaries as the end of the post says.