PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments export

Anarchy
09-21-2016, 10:29 AM
Hello everyone.

After a session i usually edit my tournaments because sometimes HEM fails to recognize the finish place and/or other stats. I also custom tag them.
Anyway i wanted to backup some of my tournaments in order to use them on another computer.
After selecting them all, i right click>Save to hard drive.
But that way, the new file has wrong unedited tournament stats.
Its pretty much useless because i have to re-edit ALL of them.

Is there any way i can export my tournaments with the correct stats on my new computer?
Or i just have to move on and forget my old database?
Below i attach some screenshot so you get an idea.
Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

udbrky
09-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2151/What+Files+Should+I+Backup+to+Protect+my+Holdem+Ma nager%3F)

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.

Which site or sites are you experiencing this issue with?

Any tournament with more than 1 table (and some single table games) will require a separate Tournament Summary/History file to be imported for HM2 to properly calculate the size, places, and prizes. Without this information it is impossible for HM2 to work out the correct results. The only sites that currently write these summary files that we support right now is Pokerstars, Full Tilt, and Pacific. If your site does not write summaries, or you experience any discrepancies with the results, you will need to manually edit the results via the Reports > Tournament > Tournaments > right-click > edit - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Reports / Tournaments/ Tournament/ Tournament Editor (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2082/Reports+%7B47%7D+Tournaments%7B47%7D+Tournament%7B 47%7D+Tournament+Editor)

If you continue to have problems please zip and email the problem hand histories to us using the 'Contact Support' link here - https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/product/1

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth e.g C:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31 or if it was auto-imported with v7283+ it would be in C:\HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.

Anarchy
09-22-2016, 06:29 AM
@udbrky

Thank you for your fast reply.

This issue happens with 888poker (Pacific) Turbo 36 mans tournaments and also sometimes with 9 mans.
Though i don't mind to manually edit and tag them.
The problem is when i tried to transfer them to my new computer.

In the screenshots i attached, the first one is the correct with manually edited tournaments and tags.
The second is the messed up results i get after i ve tried selecting and "Save to hard drive...".
So i guess that way it correctly saves the hands but not the tournament summaries.

Later i will try to backup the whole database, though it does take some time and isn't actually what i want.
I want a fresh start without settings or config files on the new computer and import some specific tournaments i choose.

The only way to work for now, is locating C:\HM2Archive as you suggested.
There i can browse through folders and copy them.
But it would be more convenient if i could use HEM because i can filter and select the tournaments i want.
Right click>Save as... there is only CSV files and HTML files option.
Would be great if you added another file type which could be used to import and export Reports on a new HEM database.

udbrky
09-22-2016, 07:03 PM
The hand histories do not have the info. You need the tournament summaries.