PDA

View Full Version : Error Opening DB

DwTexh
12-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I've been using HM for a month or two, never had a problem. Today I tried to open it and get an error:
"The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'

I click OK, then the database control panel opens. I click on connect and it says:
"A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

I click on Yes and it says "Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."

I click OK and the Connect and it says the connection could not be made.

I am dead in the water and very frustrated. Suggestions please?

DwTexh
12-26-2008, 03:56 PM
fyi - I'm on XP and the FAQ's that discuss this discuss going to Control Panel - Windows Firewall which I do not see. I am not good with PC's and the 'step by step' to fix this does not seem to work for XP (but I could be wrong).

DwTexh
12-27-2008, 12:38 AM
No idea why, but a complete reboot of the PC appears to have fixed this. Very odd.

Al1
12-27-2008, 08:05 AM
No idea why, but a complete reboot of the PC appears to have fixed this. Very odd.

Hi,

It's perhaps because the postgreSQL service has stopped to run.
If it happens in the futur, you can try to do that also: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=34

DwTexh
12-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Sadly, although I do not get that error anymore, I am having other problems.

1 - when using Spadeye, it does not find 90% of my opponents anymore
2 - when I try and look at my stats for yesterday I get an error that says:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input string was not in a correct format."

So if I click continue it gets hung up and obviously quit closes the application.

So once again I am dead in the water. Suggestions please?

morny
12-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Sadly, although I do not get that error anymore, I am having other problems.

1 - when using Spadeye, it does not find 90% of my opponents anymore
2 - when I try and look at my stats for yesterday I get an error that says:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input string was not in a correct format."

So if I click continue it gets hung up and obviously quit closes the application.

So once again I am dead in the water. Suggestions please?

Youll need to contact Spadeye support about that issue

For the unhandled exception can you try this version and let me know if the problem persists http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe

DwTexh
12-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Unfortunately I updated my version with your link and still get the error.

Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that Spadeye is having problems at the same time all this happened. Doesn't seem like a Spadeye error to me, but I suppose it could be.

Any other thoughts?

morny
12-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Was this in the reports section, i seen something similar yesterday but couldnt recreate it, can you try this, recreate the error and tell me what TAB your in (Reports,Hands etc) if its in reports try changing from the stakes report to another report like positions etc and see if it still persists or ifs only happeing with some reports

DwTexh
12-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out. Here's what I found.

I get this error when I do the following:
The error only occurs when I look specifically at Dec 26, 2008 data and the following reports:
'By Stakes'
'Holecards'
'Overall'
All Plugging Leaks Reports
'Position'
'Pre-flop Activity'
'Winnings Summary'

Then on the Sessions tab if I look at 12/26 I get the error.

All other tabs and reports do not blow up with this error.

morny
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond asap

DwTexh
12-28-2008, 08:38 PM
One important detail I left off, my HUD does not show accurate stats either. It shows very similar stats to what Spadeye is showing which is very limited numbers on players I should have 20k+ hands on. This is extremely frustrating as like many, I heavily rely on HUD when I play these sites. Your help is greatly appreciated.

DwTexh
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Even more info, HM does not show any stats for me now since this error started happening on 12/26. I refresh reports for today or yesterday and nothing gets returned even though it appears that it processed the hands I played.

morny
12-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Can you try creating a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimporting some of the hands into the new database in the meantime and tell me if it still persists and Roy will respond here shortly

DwTexh
12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
I created a new DB and imported some hands from yesterday and they imported and showed up in the reports with no issues.

Rvg72
12-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Looks like there was some type of issue with the database. You can either start a new one and reimport or if you like install teamviewer and I can login tomorrow and take a look to see if I can recover it. If you would like that then email support@holdemmanager.net

Roy

DwTexh
12-30-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't see reimporting as an option. It took me weeks to get it up to date and to have to do that again would be extremely painful not to mention what would stop this from happening again? I've only had HM for a month or two. I will email you now.