PDA

View Full Version : EV in bb compared to bb's contributed to pot

BoomAndBust
09-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Tonight I was researching my database and was thinking about the All in stats. I play mostly PLO where you see alot of multiway all ins and I was in search for a simple stat to check if I am getting my money in ahead of the other players in the pot.

In a HU pot you contribute half the pot most of the time but in essence you need to on average have a higher EV bb's than you put in to be profitable. Which is a stat I am missing now that I am looking at my stack off pots.

For example if all your all ins are three way and you have 45% average all in % you are crushing but if they all are two way you are bleeding quite alot.

fozzy71
09-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Are you referring to the report stat shown in the attached image?

BoomAndBust
09-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Not quite, All in Ev only shows how you much you actually win compared to what your "fair" share is. Pots are awared after a binary fashion, even if you have 1% chance to win if you win you take 100%.

I want to have a stat that can show if I am getting a positive expectations in hands I go all in. For example if you have 50% in a HU all in pot you are breaking even since you supplied half the pot and expect to win half the pot (disregarding rake). But if you have 50% probability to win in a pot with 3 players you are winning more than you put in since you put in only a third of the pot (in a perfect scenario were there isnt any real side pot).

Think like this, you can only win from a single opponent as much as you put in which means that on average you need to win more than him to earn a positive win rate. Meaning that in Hu we need >50% and 3 way we need > 33%.

udbrky
09-05-2016, 12:03 AM
EV measures expected profit, so it accounts for putting in 1/3 of the pot vs 1/2, etc.