PDA

View Full Version : HM1 license issue

youngtajplayer
08-24-2016, 02:28 PM
I ran a windows 10 Update and it reset all programs that have a license associated with it.

I'm having this same issue for HM1. I realize HM1 is not supported anymore but its the only software i can use for Bovada.

I followed the steps outlined in the above post and think the problem may be I'm deleting the license key for my HM2 software but not HM1.

I've given HM1 admin rights. Which license key folder should i delete for HM1?

I deleted the following file path as instructed above, but it only prompts for a lisence in HM2 and not HM1 afterwards :C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\\Holdemmanager\ Holdemmanager.hml file

udbrky
08-24-2016, 06:41 PM
Don't use HM2 steps for HM1.

1. Shutdown Hold'em Manager and update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.14.02.exe
2. Navigate to your RVG Software/Holdem Manager/Config folder
3. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug or download it from here - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/LicDebug.txt
4. Restart Hold'em Manager

You should hopefully be able to enter your code now. Once you have done this close Hold'em Manager, delete the LicDebug file and restart Hold'em Manager.

If you continue to have problems:

Please try all the steps on this FAQ - FAQ - Hold'em Manager (HM1) Poker Tracking Software :: I Can't Activate & Register Holdem Manager (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/I+Can%27t+Activate+%26+Register+Holdem+Manager)

If you continue to have registration issues, please send your Reg.log file from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs folder. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'reg'.

youngtajplayer
08-25-2016, 01:38 PM
This did the trick!

Thank you Udbrky@!

udbrky
08-26-2016, 01:24 AM
You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

Not_Sure
10-04-2016, 04:38 AM
I think I might be having this same issue as OP after windows 10 update. When I run HM1 as admin I get the HM intro screen (the one where you can "register", or "buy now", or "try", etc).

If I click "cancel" a screen pops up that says "There are issues with your license. Here are some tips..."

On this screen it has my serial number. So I re-open HM and plug that # in but I get the same message that OP got ("A valid license could not be obtained...")

After this failed I found this thread and tried adding the LicDebug file but I don't think that did anything. What was it supposed to do anyway?

Lastly, I tried the "reset all profiles" button on "my account" on this site thinking that might work but it did not. I don't know what else to try.

Please help!

udbrky
10-05-2016, 12:44 AM
Did you put it in the right folder? Did you delete it after? It fixes the issue with the registration.

Did you email the reg.log file to us?

Not_Sure
10-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Did you put it in the right folder? Did you delete it after? It fixes the issue with the registration.

Did you email the reg.log file to us?

I put it in C:>Program Files (x86)>RVG Software>Holdem Manager>Config

There's nothing in the folder of course but it's in there. As far as I can tell it didn't change anything. I can still enter my name and serial number like I'm registering HEM for the first time (I could do that before I created the LicDebug folder though). After I enter the info it tells me a valid license could not be obtained.

I did not send the reg.log file because I didn't think HM1 was supported any longer. I'll PM it to you.

fozzy71
10-08-2016, 12:32 PM
I put it in C:>Program Files (x86)>RVG Software>Holdem Manager>Config

There's nothing in the folder of course but it's in there. As far as I can tell it didn't change anything. I can still enter my name and serial number like I'm registering HEM for the first time (I could do that before I created the LicDebug folder though). After I enter the info it tells me a valid license could not be obtained.

I did not send the reg.log file because I didn't think HM1 was supported any longer. I'll PM it to you.

Nothing in the \config folder? If HM1 is properly installed there should be a couple of sub-folders and around 20 or so loose files.