PDA

View Full Version : Installation Aborted, Setup was not completed successfully.

crippled
08-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Trying to install holdem manager 2 trial

Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\PSQLINSTALL
top level install dir -->C:
Is admin account
fs=NTFS
.NET found
Extract: TestFirewall.exe... 100%
Extract: TestFirewall.exe.config... 100%
Antivirus Installed: False
test antivirus returned 0
seclogon error status: 0
seclogon status: 1
starting seclogon
seclogon error status: 0
seclogon status: 4
firewall enabled: 1
firewall port 5432 enabled: 0
port 5432 not added
set port 5432 enabled
postgresql error status: 1060
postgresql status: 0
starting pgsql-8.3
starting postgresql-8.4
postgres installdir: C:\Program Files (x86)\PSQLINSTALL
==================== running PsqlTestClient
try userid: postgres
try pass: postgrespass
Connection to database failed: -->could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
<--error
testclient return status: 1
testclient return from file: 1
==================== finished PsqlTestClient
no existing install dir
wrote testfile
Delete file: C:\testfile
Create folder: c:\postgreSQL
Execute: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PSQLINSTALL\postgres84.exe" --mode unattended --superpassword postgrespass --prefix c:\postgreSQL --datadir c:\postgreSQL\data
postgres installdir: C:\Program Files (x86)\PSQLINSTALL
==================== running PsqlTestClient
try userid: postgres
Connection to database failed: -->could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
<--error
testclient return status: 1
testclient return from file: 1
==================== finished PsqlTestClient

udbrky
08-13-2016, 11:33 PM
Uninstall PostgreSQL & try the following steps:

1) Run cmd.exe as Admin (Start > Search 'cmd' > Right-Click > Run As Admin)
2) in CMD window run (type the code then hit Enter key) following command:
net user postgres /del
3) Reboot PC
4) after reboot open cmd.exe again & run following commands:
net user postgres postgrespass /add
net localgroup Administrators postgres /add
net localgroup Users postgres /delete
runas /user:postgres cmd.exe

When it asks about password please input postgrespass & don`t worry if you don`t see any new symbols\inputs in cmd window. If you did all steps right then you should get new cmd window for postgres user.

5) Download PostgreSQL installer (http://get.enterprisedb.com/postgresql/postgresql-8.4.22-1-windows.exe) & move (copy/paste) it from the \Downloads folder to C:\
6) in new cmd window for postgres user run following commands:
cd c:\
start postgresql-8.4.22-1-windows.exe

crippled
08-14-2016, 08:55 PM
did everything and at the end got this

Error

There has been an error.
A data directory is registered in ***unknown variable postgreqlini*** but is neither empty, or a recognisable data directory.

crippled
08-15-2016, 01:38 PM
I need to either remove the user account you created or change the password, i cant have this huge security hole in my computer

is this possible

udbrky
08-16-2016, 12:32 AM
It appears there might be an issue with PostgreSQL and reinstalling it should help resolve this.

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser). This is important because it will install critical updates that affect PostgreSQL and maybe related to the issues you are seeing.

Please note that reinstalling PostgreSQL will mean losing all your old data. If you have access to HM2 and your database was not corrupt then please follow these instructions for backing up your database - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1471/How+does+Backup+and+Restore+Database%2C+Settings+a nd+HUD+configs+work%3F)

If you cannot access the database in HM2 then you can backup your database using this method: Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup or Restore via PostgreSQL work? (Advanced Method) (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/952/How+does+Backup+or+Restore+via+PostgreSQL+work%3F+ %28Advanced+Method%29) but if your database was corrupt then the best solution is to reimport all your hands from C:/HM2archive folder or if your pokersite supports it you can request all your hands and summaries and reimport them as restoring a corrupt database will just restore all the problems you had.

Once you have backed up your previous database(s) then follow the instructions below to uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\8.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) Restart your PC

5) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe

Start HM2 again and create a New Database.

crippled
08-17-2016, 04:01 PM
I havnt done any of these steps yet

I have windows 10, i dont have internet explorer, internet explorer is discontinued and microsofts website said its incompatible with my system

what should i do, skip that part?

udbrky
08-17-2016, 06:27 PM
It's Edge now, so if that's updated, it replaces IE in steps.

The user will be created. Postgres is a user account. It's not a security issue.

Did you pre-create the Postgres folder and fix the permission settings on it and then install?

crippled
08-18-2016, 04:31 PM
1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\8.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) Restart your PC

5) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe

Start HM2 again and create a New Database.

I couldnt do 3 as those folders dont exist

I cant do 5 because I dont have holdem manager installed so instead of installing just postgresql i tried to install both of them so i could complete what you said however it failed

"Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL"

but anyway i had to change the password for that user account because i cant have the password to access my computer published online

Edit: also tried just installing postgresql but got the same result

udbrky
08-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Did you do this:

5) Download PostgreSQL installer (http://get.enterprisedb.com/postgres...-1-windows.exe) & move (copy/paste) it from the \Downloads folder to C:\
6) in new cmd window for postgres user run following commands:
cd c:\
start postgresql-8.4.22-1-windows.exe

Did you create the postgresql folder and change all the permissions on it? You can create those roaming HM folders as well and change permissions, but that does not matter until you are creating a database.

Please see this section of the Windows FAQ and reset your Winsock Adapter - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to repair Windows files (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/3253/How+to+repair+Windows+files#winsock)

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
- Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools or Start > Search > 'Event Viewer') > Windows Logs > Applications.
- Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
- Please send a log file as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F)

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.

crippled
08-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Ive had a lot of other problems with software lately, I am going to wipe it and reinstall windows since i have had 3 different operating systems running this for 7 years without a fresh windows install

Once its done il try to install this normally and post back

thanks