PDA

View Full Version : Preloading hands, please wait.

centgas
08-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Hi

HM2 would always work unless I already had Stars open, where it would give the current problem. Closing Stars and then opening HM2 would always solve the problem. Apart from that, HM2 has worked fine for quite a while now.

From today, no matter what I do it always says preloading hands and please wait, and never loads. I have done the windows update, everything is set to admin, updated HM to the latest version, restarted 20+ times etc.

The only thing on my computer that has changed since it last worked from a boot was install FM2016 (a game) and steam, which installed direct x. I have tried to system restore, but that failed (as it always has for a year now when I've tried it).

Help! Thanks

centgas
08-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Have also tried this, and it still says waiting for hands

1) Please open PGAdminIII (Start - Postgres)

2) Enter your pw (default is postgrespass)

3) Open databases - expand DB name - expand schemas - expand public - expand Tables

4) Choose settings, right click - view data, show all rows

5) Clear the value in the second row (current player)

6) Restart HM2

----------------

I have moved the database folder to allow me to open a new DB, which it lets me. Does this mean my old DB is corrupted? I have no problem using this database, is there anyway I can import hands from my old database?

I have begun importing hands. The second folder in which I did this, it started pausing at various stages, going slow, then speeding up. Out of the 3700 files it was uploading, it didn't update past '140' until it finished.

And now it's doing the work in progress thing again after I paused an import....
Ahhhhh

udbrky
08-09-2016, 08:54 PM
That does sound like the database is corrupted.

What didn't update past 140?

When you pause an import, it will still finish processing the current file.

centgas
08-10-2016, 01:49 PM
That does sound like the database is corrupted.

What didn't update past 140?

When you pause an import, it will still finish processing the current file.

Completely forgot about archived hands, my day yesterday would of been a lot less stressful had I remembered :)

The 140 comment was in reference to the number of files currently imported, ie 140 of 3750.

I'm still getting the preloading hands problem fairly often when opening HM2, which I have to use task manager to close and reopen, which usually solves the problem (unless Stars is open, where it keeps doing it). Is this a common problem or something I should do something about?

The problem with HM not opening when Stars is already open, is that if my HUD/HM2 crashes during a game, I then have to close Stars before I can get it back, and an likely on a lot of tables/waitlists.

Thanks for the help.

udbrky
08-10-2016, 05:20 PM
If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support? (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F)

PhilJaff
08-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Hi,

Had similar problems with HM2 today. Updated the .net framework from the microsoft website and it is working properly now.

Here is the link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

easypeasy
11-21-2016, 05:40 AM
Hi guys, you can check my thread where I describe what I did to get rid of this very annoying and exact the same problem.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/535224-hm2-wont-load-stuck-preloading-hands.html