PDA

View Full Version : Full tilt problem

citoject
03-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi i used to use HM in Prima,now i started playing in Full Tillt but it doesnt import hands and dont show hud stats.When i start auto import it detects tables,but dont import any hands.

netsrak
03-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Please check the FTP setup: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/5/Full+Tilt+Setup

* Please try updating to the latest version 1.11.06b http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work

EN09
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Just an FYI netsrak, last night my HUD wouldn't work and an error popup would appear. DL'd the latest version after coming here and reading the solution, and it was fine. This morning the same thing occurs when I open HEM. I'll re-DL and run through the set-up you linked to if needed.

EN09
03-08-2011, 01:21 PM
The re-install seems to have brought the HEM back to life.

Patvs
03-09-2011, 01:32 AM
@en09

Are you running Norton anti-virus with Norton SONAR running?
And SONAR likes to delete hmhud.exe from your computer?

Check if hmhud.exe is MISSING, when your HUD suddenly stops working, or it TableManager still up and running?

rowhousepd
03-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Are you running Norton anti-virus with Norton SONAR running?
And SONAR likes to delete hmhud.exe from your computer?

Check if hmhud.exe is MISSING, when your HUD suddenly stops working, or it TableManager still up and running?

I just noticed a problem like this today after I installed 1.11.06b. The HUD hasn't worked since updating to this version. Not coincidentally, Norton 360 keeps alerting me that SONAR detected a problem. The weird thing is that I specifically have the HMHud.exe file (along w/ all the main HEM exe files) in the exceptions list.

I copied the Norton error message details to the clipboard, and here's what it says. Help!

On computer as of
3/8/2011 at 4:27:28 AM
Last Used:
3/8/2011 at 4:27:28 AM
Startup Item: No
Launched: Yes
Threat Details
SONAR Protection monitors for suspicious program activity on your computer.

Downloaded from Not Available

Source
hm_1.11.06b internal-1.exeFile Created:
hmhud.exe
Running program: c:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\hmhud.exe
Terminated
Running program: c:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\hmhud.exe
Terminated
Suspicious Actions
Code/Thread-injection Shield (Performed by c:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\hmhud.exe, PID:3168)
Code/Thread-injection Shield (Performed by c:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\hmhud.exe, PID:5532)
Code/Thread-injection Shield (Performed by c:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\hmhud.exe, PID:5024)
Code/Thread-injection Shield (Performed by c:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\hmhud.exe, PID:5532)
Code/Thread-injection Shield (Performed by c:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\hmhud.exe, PID:3168)
Code/Thread-injection Shield (Performed by c:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\hmhud.exe, PID:5024)

Patvs
03-09-2011, 02:28 AM
You have hmhud.exe on your exceptions list.... but SONAR doesn't care about that because the file was newly created by hm_1.11.06b internal-1.exe when you ran the HM update.

So you'll have have to add the update file to the SONAR exceptions list.
(or turn off SONAR)

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

--

Edit: I just encountered a computer where Norton Firewall would KEEP deleting hmhud.exe although it was on the exceptions list. When that happens turn off Norton Firewall (or SONAR) completely... or uninstall Norton entirely.

EN09
03-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I admit to not being a software developer and nothing more than a button-masher when it comes to understanding how they communicate with each other. What I don't understand (and I'm not being an ass here), is the previous version ran fine. Download the update, and all of a sudden it is a Norton issue.

If the hmhud.exe was fine with SONAR before, why is it not fine seconds after downloading the update? Either way, I googled and found this page which may help Norton users with similar issues if they are having troubles. Haven't gone through it, but am getting ready to.

SONAR Protection quarantines files that are already excluded from future scans in my Norton 2010 product | Norton Support (http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090903182949EN)

EDIT: Norton download wouldn't open on my laptop.

EN09
03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Do you recommend a security program which works with HEM?

Patvs
03-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Any program should work fine if you can set exceptions to NOT monitor HoldemManager/PostgreSQL.

Most problems are caused by: COMODO/Kaspersky
Most RECENT problems are caused by Norton, which used to cause no problems in the past.

Never cause problems: AVG Freem Avira, Avast, etc. even McAfee.

--

Thanks for the SONAR fix link. Hopefully that resolved the Norton issue, where Norton randomly deletes hmhud.exe.

rowhousepd
03-10-2011, 03:57 AM
I had to go into Norton's quarantine list, and add the specific problem it had w/ hmhud.exe and approve it as a safe program. It's different doing it this way than simply adding the file to the firewall exceptions list. That seems to have taken care of the problem for me. Hope that helps.