PDA

View Full Version : Four Bet stat

smizmiatch
12-26-2008, 06:02 AM
I noticed that the "Four Bet" stat has been removed from the Player Preferences tab in version 1.07. Is there a reason for this, or am I simply missing something?
Additionally, the four bet statistic is not accurate in the HUD. It works correctly in heads-up pots, but it does not in multiway pots.
For example, if the button raises, the SB 3-bets and the BB 4-bets, my HUD does not register that as being a 4-bet for the BB.
Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?
Apologies if this topic has been covered. I couldn't find it during searches.

Al1
12-26-2008, 10:29 AM
I noticed that the "Four Bet" stat has been removed from the Player Preferences tab in version 1.07. Is there a reason for this, or am I simply missing something?

You mean in "HUD Options => Player Preferences"? If yes, this isn't true. 4bets stats are here in the "3+ bet" node.

Additionally, the four bet statistic is not accurate in the HUD. It works correctly in heads-up pots, but it does not in multiway pots.
For example, if the button raises, the SB 3-bets and the BB 4-bets, my HUD does not register that as being a 4-bet for the BB.
Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?
Apologies if this topic has been covered. I couldn't find it during searches.

Hi,

No this isn't an issue. In fact that's the opposite. HM threats 3bets... and 4bets... between 2 players, and that's uncredibly powerful. PT3 don't do that, and it's in my opinion a big leak. Generally, the war you start with 3bet and 4bet is against the first raiser (for the 3bet), similarly when you 4bets, you are a lot of the time the first raiser and you are 4betting the 3bettor. HM reflects stats like that. Thus when Player A raise, Player B 3bets and Player C 4bets. HM doesn't considere that like a 4bet. But you can analyse those situation in the manager too.

For more infos:

I encourage you to read those threads:
http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=4950 (3bets)
http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=5182 (3bets and 4bets)

smizmiatch
12-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Ah, I didn't see "four bet" displayed because I already have it listed on my displayed stats. Sorry, my bad.
Thanks for the explanation about why 4-bets are calculated that way.

Al1
12-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Take this example.

Imagine CO raises and you want to 3bet light from the button. What info do you want?

-How much the raiser folds to 3bets when he is raised?
-Or how much the raiser fold to 3bets globally?

Choice 1 of course.
That's just totally different. In poker you are aggressing the raiser with a 3bet and you need information about how this guy reacts specifically against 3bets when he has raised. Some poeple can't fold against a 3bet if they have raised, other ones fold a lot.
But generally, a player who hasn't put any money in the pot and is facing a 3bet will fold just everytimes a lot (even donkeys...). That's not useful information.

For the 4bet, that's the same story. When you 4bet, you are targetting the guy who 3bets your raise. This way, you can plan to 4bet small or big for value or as a bluff etc...