PDA

View Full Version : HUD constant size

Mihalenko
04-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Dear Holdem Manager Community,
I would like to ask you about constant HUD size in reference to current statistics value.
For example when all statistics in HUD are displayed by two-digit values HUD size is bigger then the same HUD where values are represent by one-digit values.

This problem is the best seen in the example where we have A: unknown players with only "-" vales (for no data to display) and B: in quite well-known player HUD I have a lot two and three digit values.

Regards.
Mihalenko

fozzy71
04-14-2016, 07:16 AM
This is done by design so that the HUD can be as small as possible when it contains the least amount of information.

Mihalenko
04-14-2016, 07:09 PM
Thank you for your answer.
How do I achieve this?
I thought about the option "cap 99%".
But then still my HUD will include a double-digit, and the lack of data will have a size as to single digits.
Unfortunately I have no more ideas.

Regards,
Mihalenko

_Loki_
04-15-2016, 01:31 AM
How do I achieve this? But then still my HUD will include a double-digit, and the lack of data will have a size as to single digits You are asking for a HUD that keeps the same size. Fozzy is saying the HUD is designed to be smaller in width when there's no data "_" & it increases as more digits need to be displayed

Please tell us why you want a fixed HUD width so you can be helped better. Examples:
"I want the data displayed in a table format with neat columns"
"I want the HUD to remain a fixed width, because when it gets too wide it covers the cards, avatars etc"

There are partial solutions to both of the above, but you need to tell us what you want exactly

Mihalenko
04-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Thank you for your response.

In my case: "I want the HUD to remain a fixed width."
It is becouse I do not like when HUD extends in both directions what is common during play ZOOM tables.
What is more I am ok with a wide HUD even if covers the cards and avatars. So solution with the biggest version ( with all values are three digits size) is fine for me.

Regards,
Mihalenko

_Loki_
04-15-2016, 09:02 AM
Green = Before
Purple = After

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/attachments/general-support/160880-hud-constant-size-005.jpg

By turning off abbreviations & using the "t" separator you'll get a wider HUD that's tidier
It will not change size horizontally as much [or not at all]

Other suggestions:
[1] Most users are needlessly obsessed with decimals in their stats - in reality it doesn't effect your decisions if AF% is shown as 3% or 3.4% [as an example]. I set my "Decimals" to "0" for ALL my stats
[2] Most users don't use their table space well for their HUDs. There is loads of spare space on the table that can be used - I will post a picture in a few minutes to show this
[3] You can set your HUDs to expand in a direction you choose - this can be useful [see next post in a while]

_Loki_
04-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Click on the Gear Icon in the table HUD [PURPLE CIRCLE]
Check the box "show mucked card positions" in the "HUD Options" dialog box [PURPLE RECTANGLE]
Your HUDs will now display RED LINES on some edges - These are the anchor points for each HUD
The HUDs will expand AWAY from the anchor points [YELLOW ARROWS]
If there is no anchor point displayed the HUD will expand from the middle in both Left & Right directions

I like my anchor points set up so they expand as shown in the picture... the bet amount chips & board cards are not hidden using this method

To change the anchor points on a HUD Left Click on a HUD edge that you want as an anchor point
Each seat HUD can have different edges as anchor points
After you have the anchor points as you want them uncheck the "show mucked card positions" box & close the dialog

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/attachments/general-support/160881-hud-constant-size-002.jpg

I'm doing another post in a few minutes

_Loki_
04-15-2016, 10:09 AM
This picture is to show the difference between using the "t" separator [main image] & not using it [insert image in bottom right]
The "t" separator takes up a lot of extra width!
Another way to save space is to display VERY SHORT player names [bottom left of each HUD in small grey letters]
To get short player names in the display set decimals to "2" for the name stat

Hope this all helps! :)

Mihalenko
04-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Dear _Loki_ ,
Your answer is very helpful . Thank you for such a professional approach to the subject.
Attached photos allowed me to quickly understand the content of your advice especially since I'm not a english native speaker.

I was able to set the HUD in a satisfactory manner.

I used advice on "anchor points" to reduce the effect of stretching the HUD succesfully.

Regards,
Mihalenko

_Loki_
04-15-2016, 12:30 PM
Glad to help. I am hoping the HUD layout in HM3 is an improvement on HM1 & HM2

fozzy71
04-16-2016, 10:52 AM
Glad to help. I am hoping the HUD layout in HM3 is an improvement on HM1 & HM2

The HM3 HUD will not be anything like the HM1 or HM2 HUD.

_Loki_
04-16-2016, 11:39 AM
The HM3 HUD will not be anything like the HM1 or HM2 HUD. Intriguing...

anything that gets away from the bunch-of-numbers-in-a-table approach is a good thing :)
More graphical with it being clearer how the stats interact would be good

Being able to see into the future so as not to step over the moving line that is PokerStars ToS would also be cool...

fozzy71
04-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Intriguing...

anything that gets away from the bunch-of-numbers-in-a-table approach is a good thing :)
More graphical with it being clearer how the stats interact would be good

Being able to see into the future so as not to step over the moving line that is PokerStars ToS would also be cool...

oh, I guess I misunderstood what you thought an improvement would be. It will still be the traditional grid of numbers. It is just a different HUD engine and designer.