PDA

View Full Version : replayer sucks

itsmethatyou
12-26-2008, 01:56 AM
now that I have your attention :), the replayer in holdem mgr is probably the biggest thing keeping me from purchasing - no offense but it is really lame. is there a post or can you say what you will be doing to make it worthwhile? and how long before that happens? this is using the last available release (1.07 I believe).

not everybody is a billion-stat hud freak so some of us use trackers mainly for post-analysis - a solid replayer is critical for something like that and holdem mgr's just doesn't cut it.

- it *must* have keyboard functioning, preferably exactly the same keys/functions as pt2 (up/dn arrow = start/end of current hand; rt/left arrow = fwd/back one action; pg dn/up = next/prev hand)

- it should *not* show villain hands if I don't want them revealed; obv I want to always see hero hands though

- it appears to have no connection to a hand list whatsoever; iow I click on a row in a table and replayer pops up with no means of navigating through the list of rows I started on; apparently the only way to get another hand is to close replayer and dbl-click the next row to open it again

- raw or formatted hh *must* be accessible right from the replayer - I click on "hand history", a box pops up but the buttons don't do anything; can't even resize the box

- it must have some provision for saving or marking hands (like pt2's "save hand" feature)

- it would be nice to have access to player notes right from replayer, for reading or editing (maybe this is already in there, don't know)

there's probably some other things to make it nicer but imo the ones I listed are non-negotiable :) a replayer for ppl interested in post-analysis is just too important to buy a tracker that's good in other areas but lousy in the one area you really rely on.

incidentally, I appreciate you have a free trial period but imm the days it counts should only be the days you actually started it up, not calendar days. iow if I install it on day 1, don't use it for another 6 days, the trial shouldn't only have 8 days left the next time I start it since I only actually ran it one time.

morny
12-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, of course a replayer is very important and we constantly strive to improve HM however 100 different people may have 100 different features that they think are number 1 and unfortunately not everyone can get there wish immediately so some people just have to wait longer than others.

- it *must* have keyboard functioning, preferably exactly the same keys/functions as pt2 (up/dn arrow = start/end of current hand; rt/left arrow = fwd/back one action; pg dn/up = next/prev hand)

Please add to suggestions http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

it should *not* show villain hands if I don't want them revealed; obv I want to always see hero hands though

Untick "Show known Cards" and this will work as you mentioned

it appears to have no connection to a hand list whatsoever; iow I click on a row in a table and replayer pops up with no means of navigating through the list of rows I started on; apparently the only way to get another hand is to close replayer and dbl-click the next row to open it again

I dont think your using it correctly, do you mean when selecting several hands and replaying them, when you do this youll see all the hands in the bottom left displayed by the cards you had for that hand eg A8, T6 etc

Just click on them to play whatever hand you choose otherwise HM will replay all the hands from top to bottom in the order there displayed

raw or formatted hh *must* be accessible right from the replayer - I click on "hand history", a box pops up but the buttons don't do anything; can't even resize the box

Why do you need to resize it, it should resize itself to show all the info. To use those buttons click on it and it copys the info to the clipboard and just paste it into word, notepad, 2+2 etc (ctrl + v or right click and paste it)

This dosent give the raw format however and youll need to right click on the hand in question and choose copy selected hand to clipboard for the RAW hh or you can choose export HH to hard drive either

it must have some provision for saving or marking hands (like pt2's "save hand" feature)

I does, when you click HH and you get the popup window, tick the checkbox opposite the 2+2 button and then afterwards tick only show marked hands to see just those hands in either the report or Hands TAB http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=24

it would be nice to have access to player notes right from replayer, for reading or editing (maybe this is already in there, don't know)
It is, just click on the note icon as you normally do in the HUD, it has an asterix when there is no note or a notepad if you already wrote a note, click once to add another note

Again we do agree it can be improved and we will however its a matter of finding the time to implement all these changes and since there is hundreds and more like thousands of features yet to add some features will have to be further down the list than others

itsmethatyou
12-27-2008, 09:04 PM
I can't quote your quotes of me but wanted to say thanks for the answers. some of the stuff you obv have there and I just haven't been using it enough to find it myself - thanks for pointing those out.

wrt keyboard in replayer, I found an ahk script in another forum here which at least gives me some kb control so that's something. I never actually understood why ppl mess around with those dumb vcr buttons or the mouse since going fwd and back or skipping hands fast is easier with kb in pt2 but maybe most ppl just never knew there were shortcuts. when I replay hands I will often do pf, flop, maybe skip back to double chk what happened pf, go to turn, rvr, maybe go back again to look at flop or turn and chk calling odds, etc. - so while I mostly play hands from start to finish while I examine the action, many times I skip back and forth and this is infinitely faster using kb than dragging mouse around and homing in on vcr buttons to push and whatnot.

about the 'hand list' thing, on the "reports" tab there's a hand list in the bottom half - what I was talking about was that if I start somewhere in that list by double clicking a row, that's the only hand in replayer; I can't move anywhere else in that list via replayer (I see now I can select a group of hands for replayer but I often don't want to hassle with searching out a block of hands to play and instead use it like it works in pt2 - pick a hand and you can go anywhere in the list all from the replayer itself).

wrt to resizing that hh box, it comes up with a button on the far right that says "Rt" and the button is chopped off because the dialog is a fixed size; I was also expect hh to pop in that box but now that I understand it goes right to clipboard I guess it doesn't matter (but the "Rt" button is still chopped off).

morny
12-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Ok thanks for this ill let the developer know about the chopped off rtf button although it will still work if you click on any part of it. The other suggestions would be useful so adding them here is the best chance of getting them added sooner as long as they get the support of other customers http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/