PDA

View Full Version : Importing Observed Hands

IHitGutters
12-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Hey Guys, Probably you have answered this like a gazillion times but cant find the answer anywhere so here it goes:

Im trying to import the spectator hands in the HEM and I have the "Insert all hand histories" activated in the observed hands option in HEM and when I open a table im not playing in the HUD pops up normally with the stats I already have(if i dont have any stats it just shows the 1st hand played) and I dont know why it doesnt keep updating it. I think it has something to do with the Pokerstars importing hands option?

Thanks in Advance :D and once again im sorry if this is a common question.

Al1
12-26-2008, 10:36 AM
You cannot datamine on PokerStars.

HM don't support DM on PokerStars because it's prohibited.

jackjones
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
You cannot datamine on PokerStars.

HM don't support DM on PokerStars because it's prohibited.

According to Pokertracker3 PS allow up to thirty observed hands per session.Does HEM allow any observed hands and if not is this going to be included in a future release?

morny
05-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Up to 30 is correct however this is to faciliate people who play alot of tables, under the rules you should only collect 1 hand per table up to a max of 30 hands, anything above that would risk HM being banned

jackjones
05-08-2009, 09:02 PM
PT3 allows them all from one table.Is it non-compliant?

morny
05-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Yes its non compliant

jackjones
05-09-2009, 10:55 AM
This is the response I got from Pokertracker :-

"PokerStars has reviewed PT3's functionality and they have no problems with the method we are using. They required that only 30 observed hands (regardless of the number of tables) are imported and that there be a 30 minute waiting period after the last hand was imported before any more observed hands could be imported."

I guess I'll have to raise it with Pokerstars.

morny
05-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi, i cant find the original thread on 2+2 but i found the copied and pasted response on a HM thread that states:

The actual guideline issued by us is that a third-party program can import
up to 30 observed hands per SESSION (not per table). We define a session in
a particular way so that a player cannot leave their machine unattended and
use the third-party program to datamine, or do so with the assistance of
scripting.

We have brought this mistake to the attention of the PokerTracker
developers, and expect them to make the change in time for the next beta
release.

I guess there was either some miscommunication between them and PT or else theyve changed their mind but HM certainly complies with these rules

jackjones
05-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi, i cant find the original thread on 2+2 but i found the copied and pasted response on a HM thread that states:

I guess there was either some miscommunication between them and PT or else theyve changed their mind but HM certainly complies with these rules

I think you've misinterpreted what's meant by 'session'.Pokerstars don't allow 30 hands per table from many different tables during a single PT3 session but they do allow 30 hands from one table and this constitutes a PT3 'session'.It seems likely that PT3 asked for PS's opinion after they'd writtten the software and that PS OK'ed it.I know Holdem Manager complies but you don't seem to allow any observed hands at all which is a drawback.

jackjones
05-11-2009, 01:58 PM
I guess you do not want to incorporate this useful feature into Holdem Manager.

morny
05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
It seems pretty obvious from that quote when it says per session(not per table)

Unless stars change their stance then there isnt much we can do, the whole idea of stars allow this is so people can table select better but taking more than 1 hand would just be taking advantage of that and would be considered mining. How PT or someone else interprets it dosent matter, unless stars say up to 30 per table then we cant change it just because someone else decided to risk it dosent make it correct. If you can get a stars representative to make a public statement that this is true ill be more than happy to forward it to the developers or even the email stating this so we can contact that rep to confirm.