PDA

View Full Version : Hourly/sessions multisite issue

kamachos
03-07-2011, 08:27 PM
I multisite heavily HU on american and euro sites using an alias for all of them. The problem is that if a i play from 9-12 CET on all sites, some sessions appear as 6-9, 2-5 etc..I end up with several sessions with different start and end times because they are on different softwares although physically I played 3hours total it appears as 5 hours total due to the different start and end times.

How are sessions calculated? How are start and end times calculated? What causes this difference as it messes up completely my hourly because now it is divided by 5 instead by 3? Any workarounds, fixes?

Patvs
03-07-2011, 10:56 PM
A session is ALL hands you that are imported when you start the auto import.

If NO NEW hands are imported for 30 minutes, the hands after that will automatically be a NEW session.

You can change the session duration time by editing the holdemmanager.conf file. For example: if you take MANY 15 minute breaks... you may actually want that those 15 minutes are not ADDED to your session time. So you should change the session duration time for for example only 5 minutes.

---

However your problem is, your hands are played at various sites, that use different TIMES. So hands are grouped into one session, then screw up the session time because of the time differences. To fix that:
options--> settings--> adjust site import times

Adjust the times, so hands you play at the same TIME, will actually get the SAME timestamp written to the hand in the PostgeSQL database.

kamachos
03-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Thanks, very useful response!

What time setting/zone does HEM use? How can I check and change it?

netsrak
03-08-2011, 10:02 AM
HM uses your local computer time.

The handhistories of the pokersite use the time of the pokerserver. You can check it in the handhistory files.

I use the following settings here in central europe (CET time zone):
FTP 6
Stars 6
Party 6
IPoker 1