PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Include alias in HM2 Backup

Cirilico
10-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Hello.

The only thing I miss in the HM2 backup is the option to save our alias. I think it'd be great to add it and it won't be a hard work for the programmers.

Would be possible to add it in the next releases?

Regards.

fozzy71
10-06-2015, 10:04 AM
They are not an option in the settings but if you backup the database (don't choose the [x] 'skip database' option) they will be recreated when you restore the database. It is not possible to backup the aliases if you don't backup the database that contains the hands for the players in the aliases.

Cirilico
10-06-2015, 11:36 AM
I use to export the hands in .txt and 'skip the database' in the backup option, so this explains why always I need to enter my aliases when I create a new DB.

Do you recommend export the hands together with the backup better than do it as I use to do? (Sometimes I lose a few hands when I change from one db to the new one)

Regards.

fozzy71
10-06-2015, 12:47 PM
backup/restore should restore all of the hands. if it doesn't for some reason importing the original hands from the archive should fill in any missing hands. assuming you only ever auto import hands to your databases they should all be in the hm2archive folder negating the need for exporting hands, but it can't hurt to have a copy of the exported hands as well just to be safe.