PDA

View Full Version : postgres problem

mrmaniax
12-25-2008, 04:57 AM
I have been running HM for some time, but today when I log in I get an error that it cannot connect to postgresq... I updated my version of HM, ininstalled postgresq, reinstalled it, but still have the same problem. Also for some reason my old user account on this forum, maniax, was unable to post, so I had to create a new one.
I'm not even sure what windows I'm running... I think its '98
I suck at computers

mrmaniax
12-25-2008, 05:11 AM
Just to add... in the meantime I'm forced to use my old PT2 software. Please save me from this fate.

mrmaniax
12-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Pls help! I've looked over all the forums looking for info but no dice. Also I tried reinstalling the postgres program several times. Maybe I am installing it wrong? It will not allow me to "install as a service" without the password, so I can only install it by unclicking that box. No matter what I've tried, I still cannot open HM.

morny
12-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Can you try this version http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=72

Are you sure its windows 98, it might struggle to run on a system with those specs, you can usually find this out by right clicking on the MY COMPUTER icon and choosing properties

mrmaniax
12-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Still did not work... I'm using XP btw

mrmaniax
12-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Is it possible I'm downloading it wrong? I click on the link go through the download mirror from my country.

mrmaniax
12-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Still cant get it to work. I keep trying to reinstall postgress, turn off my antivirus, reboot. Also I cannot find the postgres file under my control panel as recoommended in one of the FAQs. I am unable to install the postgress program as a service. When I try it says I need a password, but it will install if I unclick the "install as service" box. Pls help!

morny
12-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Can you try completely uninstalling it via control panel > Add Remove Programs and uninstall PostgreSQL. The go to C:\Program Files and delete the PostgreSQL folder then try installing that version

Ive not seen it request a password before so im unsure what the problem is but you could try googling the exact error message you get or post on the postgreSQL forums and they might have a suggestion