PDA

View Full Version : HEM, PostgreSQL and Microgaming Problem

Cruicksie
12-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I am having a problem running HEM with MicroGaming

With Auto import running and the HUD running my computer freezes (vista 'busy' icon comes on and cant do anything) when multi-tabling after about 20mins and then continues to do so more frequently thereafter. Each time it freezes for 30-60seconds and then comes back to life.

Thought it may be the Graphics Card taking strain whilst multi-tabling but the computer does not freeze when 10-tabling without HEM auto import running (will run for 3hours multi-tabling without issue). HEM can be open but just not importing... Which makes the HUD unusable :confused:

With just auto import running and the HUD off it also freezes.

So this leads me to believe that the database side is causing the issue... The CPU and RAM are not stressed according to Vista Resource Center. CPU and RAM Running at 40% and 1.33GB respectively. The HDD activity is very high though... The process responsible for all the HDD activity is PostgreSQL. Just after start-up postgreSQL is responsible for major HDD activity when the computer is just idling. Is this normal???

Very decent laptop and it shouldn't have issues running HEM...

Anybody have any ideas???

My system configuration:
HP Pavilion DV7 - Vista Home Premium
AMD RM 70 2GHZ Dual Core
3GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD3200

morny
12-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Can you update to this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe and also try updating your graphics card driver and see if it improves the problem

Cruicksie
12-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I have recently upgraded my graphics driver in an attempt to try solve the problem... This didnt help.

I an also running the updated version of HEM

The problem seems to lie with the HEM auto update and postgresQL.

I will try multitabling on another site with different software and see if the same happens

morny
12-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Can you please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and i look into it further

Cruicksie
12-29-2008, 05:01 PM
holdemmanager.config

morny
12-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Please delete your current auto import folder and set it up as per the FAQ with subfolders off http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=127

Your current setup is telling HM to scan system and config files below the database folder which is approx 30mb of files its trying to import which arent compatible every 5 secs so its not suprising youve lag

Cruicksie
12-29-2008, 05:13 PM
the auto import folder settings were originally as per the FAQ and i only changed them recently when i created a new DB for full tilt.
The problem has occurred with the same frequency under both auto import folder settings

what other info can i supply so we can try fix this problem?

Cruicksie
12-29-2008, 05:19 PM
i will try again tonight without sub folders ticked and see if it helps

morny
12-29-2008, 05:21 PM
So it worked fine with subfolders on before, its trying to import 30mb of files (which equates to about the same info as a million + hh every 5 secs) and it still worked fine before this?

Cruicksie
12-29-2008, 07:30 PM
it seems u may be onto something... i just played a 500 hand session 5 tabling with the auto import on without sub folders and no lag... will be 10 tabling tomorrow and will see how it goes... ty for pointing out the obvious! didnt think subfolders would be an issue :o

morny
12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
No Problem hope it stays lag free