PDA

View Full Version : Problem with restoring HH

Orome
12-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi, I made the switch from pt3 to holdem manager today and I'm having some problems.

My pt3 HH doesn't exist anymore, so I can't import the HH directly. I have a backup of my HH, but when I try restoring it into the holdem manager database, it doesn't work.

I can post the pgadmin log if that helps.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Al1
12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
You say that you have your original HHs in *.txt?

What do you mean by "pt3 HH"? The pt3 DB?

Orome
12-24-2008, 09:37 AM
I was using the trial version of PT3, PT3 stopped working properly, so I made a backup of my database with pgAdmin and reinstalled.

In order to restore the databse after reinstalling, the PT website said I'd have to make a new database, then restore the backup into that new database, but PT3 trial accounts can't create new databases.

Because of that I decided to make the switch to HEM (I was originally going to wait until the end of my PT trial period) now. I don't have the HH in .txt anymore because I reinstalled, but I have a backup of my database on my computer.

The FAQ on this website said I could restore backups through pgAdmin, so that's what I tried to do, but it didn't work.

hope that helps making it clearer...

Al1
12-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I was using the trial version of PT3, PT3 stopped working properly, so I made a backup of my database with pgAdmin and reinstalled.

In order to restore the databse after reinstalling, the PT website said I'd have to make a new database, then restore the backup into that new database, but PT3 trial accounts can't create new databases.

Because of that I decided to make the switch to HEM (I was originally going to wait until the end of my PT trial period) now. I don't have the HH in .txt anymore because I reinstalled, but I have a backup of my database on my computer.

The FAQ on this website said I could restore backups through pgAdmin, so that's what I tried to do, but it didn't work.

hope that helps making it clearer...

Ho ok,

You can't use a pt3 DB with HM directly, it's not compatible.
What you have to do is export your Hands from the pt3 DB and after that reimport those exported hands (generally *.txt files) in a HM DB.

But generally, pt3 moves your original HHs in a "Processed" folder. Try to find the folder on your computer and if you find it you can directly import those files instead of exporting/importing from your pt3 DB.

Orome
12-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Found the Compressed folder, HEM's importing all the files now.

Thanks! :)