PDA

View Full Version : HEM constantly misses tournament summaries

mapunk
03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I primarily play mtts on stars and ftp, and like to use HEM to keep track of all my results for tax reasons. After a day I often notice about 10 mtts summaries that don't get imported properly. Usually there's 2 scenarios:

1) The mtt is listed as incomplete (gray background in the tourney results section). I've noticed this happens if you close a stars mtt too early b/c the tourney history won't get written to your hdd; however, this isn't the case. I have table ninja set to close the table after 10 seconds or so to ensure the summary gets written. I also notice that HEM has both the final hand of the mtt and tourney summary in its archive, but the tournament is still listed as incomplete with a very small # of entrants listed (only the ones I was at the table with). This happens on both stars and tilt and has me listed as finishing 0. If it's on tilt, it also usually has a $0 buyin.

2) HEM lists me as finishing 9th or lower, but I really didn't (depending on how many people were at the table when I got out). It's not listed as incomplete, and they sometimes have a check for the tournament summary field and sometimes don't.

For both scenarios, if I try to re-import the tourney summary that's in HEM's archive it still appears incomplete or has me finishing 9th (it doesn't get updated). If I delete the tourney from the results tab and re-import the file, it adds it properly. I know I can manually enter the data, but I'd rather not do that.

It's not a huge issue but it's an issue nonetheless, and I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong. Are either of these a known config problem that I need to fix? Or is it a bug on your end that you know about? I've attached a screenshot of what my results tab might look like after a given day (minus the obvious brag part of it). I've updated to .06b today, but yesterday I was running .06a. I'm on Windows 7.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6857/hemn.th.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/hemn.jpg/)

Patvs
03-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Most likely, something on your computer is monitoring the handhistories, creating a huge lag, between the time the handhistory wants to be edited (or saved) to your harddisk, and the time it's actually being saved.

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file?

mapunk
03-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Windows 7 with ESET Smart Security (NOD32), but both Windows and ESET firewalls are disabled.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Just did that this morning, was running .06a during my last session (from the screen shot). I played 1 mtt today (using .06b) and this still happened (#2 from my first post - non-incomplete tournament).

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

UAC is completely disabled on my comp, but I have enabled the "Run as admin" option for all these executables.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Disabled, but I have added these exceptions anyway.

Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file?

Attached. My AutoImportFolderList setting is pretty messy; I have a few redundant directories, but I was having an issue with the recursive import option a long time ago and just added tons of directories and never fixed it.

netsrak
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
You have some network path in your auto-import folders. This may cause problems.

I think the best is if you delete all your auto-import settings and start from scratch with an auto-detect.

I think those folders are used for stars in your configuration:
C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory and
C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\PokerStars\TournSummar y

so please make sure your stars client is configured to write into this folders.

mapunk
03-08-2011, 12:52 PM
You have some network path in your auto-import folders. This may cause problems.

I think the best is if you delete all your auto-import settings and start from scratch with an auto-detect.

I think those folders are used for stars in your configuration:
C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory and
C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\PokerStars\TournSummar y

so please make sure your stars client is configured to write into this folders.

The network path is for when I play on my laptop. It hasn't seemed to cause any problems, as this was an issue before I added the network paths.

Patvs
03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
-1 only use one archive folder. Preferably one on the same drive as the import folders, so only use: C:\HMArchive (and use the same for tournament summaries)

-2 don't use two import folder for the same site, for example, don't use:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\hero1 and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory

Only use the last one, since it will already automatically import from all subfolders.

-3 Is this folder being used by PokerStars? D:\Poker\PokerStars\HandHistory or are you using C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory
Delete ALL folders that are not actually being used.

-4 Try to install SQL 9.0.3 to port 5433. Connect to that instead in Database Management (dbcontrolpanel.exe) from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)