PDA

View Full Version : How to create a custom HUD?

iamGrr
04-21-2015, 02:40 PM
I have seen a few streamers that use HM2 have custom HUDs where they have text such as BTN CO etc. How would I go about doing this for my own HUD?

_Loki_
04-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Why not post a screenshot here of exactly what you mean?
Which streamers do this & for what games?

I assume you mean a sort of tabulated HUD with the stat names running down the left & the positions along the top.

Just save a screenshot to your computer
When you make a reply in this thread you'll see an "insert image" button in the row of tools above the text box you type into. Click that button & browse for the image you saved to your PC.

iamGrr
04-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Something like this 159484

_Loki_
04-21-2015, 06:10 PM
That picture as you know is of Felix Schneiders' "#grindingitup HM2 HUD" shown here:
The #grindingitup HM2 HUD | Heads-Up Displays (HUDs) | Grinding it UP! (http://www.grindingitup.de/shop/heads-up-displays-huds/60/the-grindingitup-hm2-hud)

That's easy to do
In HUD Settings > HUD Designer:
All you have to do is put "New Panel" after the fold to 4Bet Stat shown in the picture
Then "New Line" between each stat after that

That way you'll end up with each HUD being one normally arranged panel &
one secondary panel with his five positional stats arranged vertically

You can find more info about what stats he uses & why from the pdf guide available in the shop at his site [above link]
Or on his YouTube channel you can see him using the HUD & get the info that way

iamGrr
04-21-2015, 06:39 PM
How do you add the text inside the panels?

fozzy71
04-21-2015, 06:53 PM

hud settings > general settings > pick the HUD you use in the upper left > common settings > [x] show abbrevations

Then if you need to customize the abbreviation text for each/any of the stats go to the hud settings > stat appearance > pick each stat you want to edit one by one in the 'selected stat' window and edit the 'abbreviation' field under the 'stat settings' section.

_Loki_
04-21-2015, 06:56 PM

Click "HUD Settings" & select the HUD you want to edit from the drop down arrow to the right of the HUD picture

"General Settings":
Check the "Show abbreviations" box

"Stat Appearance":
Click on each stat in the right pane
Type into the "Abbreviation" box the text you want displayed for that stat

Is that what you wanted to know?

iamGrr
04-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Yes thanks a bunch. Didn't have show abbreviations checked on.