PDA

View Full Version : How many hands could I possibly have?

cbrehm09
03-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I have had HEM for like 5 years and it is still finding hands in my computer after probably 12 hours of importing and everytime there are like 15k duplicate hands every sequence of files it imports. What is going on? I wanna play poker and how can i expect this to keep going, I feel this is getting ridiculous

netsrak
03-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Do you maintain your database regularly (purge, vacuum/analyze, reindex)? http://faq.holdemmanager.com/categories/Frequently+Asked+Questions/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL+Maintenance/

A long running auto-import can also be caused by a wrong configuration of the import folders. The auto-import should only read the handhistory folders of the poker clients and those folders should only contain the latest hands. Older hands should be automatically moved by the auto-import to the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) and this archive folder should not be in the same folder structure as the handhistory folders.

cbrehm09
03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
it is importanting hands from my UB hand history spot, i changed both archive folders (i didnt actually know what i meant) but HEM is important from app data/roaming/hem hands/subfolders???? I have never made this folder? 100% of the hands are duplicate hands? Should i delete this folder from the auto import?

cbrehm09
03-07-2011, 12:00 PM
ok, i purge 125k hands. optimized the DB and it is still dling duplicate hands!!!! I specifically chose 1 folder and in the folder where all my PS HH's are it is find 2793files to download after 12hours of importing :( help me!

fopah
03-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi,
You most likely have a loop in your importing. Make sure your archive folder is not in your auto import list. When Holdem Manager auto imports a hand it moves the hand to the archive folder which is default to C:/HMArchive if this folder is also in your auto import list every time you start auto import it will try to import all of these hands(which will be duplicates) again.