PDA

View Full Version : Hud Stops working mid session

Supershot
03-13-2015, 10:43 PM
I have a problem where my Hud stops working on individual tables after roughly 70-100 hands. It happens pretty consistently. I'm not sure what files I could attach to this so just let me know what I need.

fozzy71
03-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Please see this FAQ for instructions on troubleshooting your HUD problems - Why don't I see the HUD? (http://www.proprofs.com/knowledgebase/view/?t=why-dont-i-see-the-hud)

If the steps on that FAQ do not solve your problems, please send the screen shot and log file as instructed in part 2 of the FAQ.

Supershot
03-14-2015, 08:29 PM
I did the steps and about an hour into my session I had it occur again on 1 of 2 tables.

fozzy71
03-15-2015, 10:51 AM
Are the hands importing and Live Play tab still updating properly when the HUD stops updating?

There are a number of errors in the log file where the hand appears to end abruptly creating an incomplete hand that missing the summary information but this is early in the log file when, from what I gather, the HUD is working fine.

17:58:19.141 [Worker 11:11 - AutoImportFile.Send] Failed to find beginning of last hand in previous delta of file

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2561/Set+Correct+Permissions+on+files+and+folders+HM2+u se

Do the same for your C:\AmericasCardroom\ folder.

You were 1 tabling this whole session or playing more than 1 table? Do you know if you open a new/2nd table after the problem started on this table if the HUD worked fine on the new table? We are thinking those parsing errors are causing the cloud client to send the full hand history each time for importing instead of just the latest unimported hands from the file which is causing the problem later in the sessions when the file(s) get bigger.

Supershot
03-15-2015, 04:35 PM
I opened up my second table after maybe 10 hands on the first table. So most of my session I was playing 2 tables. The HUD stopped working on the one table after 71 hands. Before I start my session tonight, I'll look through the FAQ that you posted and see if that clears it up.

Edit: What your saying makes sense. The 2nd table that was still working but was due to stop in a few hands. It happens consistently after about an hour. I just closed out the tables so I could post here so I never actually had the 2nd table fail yet, but I'm fairly confident it was going to soon.

fozzy71
03-15-2015, 06:11 PM
I often play 1 or 2 tables (micro stakes PLO) on WPN (@ Black Chip) and have never had this happen myself and since there are so few tables to choose from I am often on the same table for over an hour.

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Make sure you have added the HM Cloud and AmericasCardroom folders and files to the exceptions/exclusions options in your security software.

Supershot
03-15-2015, 08:24 PM
I probably should have noted that I'm using a windows 8.1 tablet. It's new so I haven't installed any Anti-Virus software yet so I'm currently only using windows firewall. I did the steps in your previous post and still had the HUD stop updating but I haven't added exceptions in the windows firewall yet so Ill give that a try.

fozzy71
03-15-2015, 09:48 PM
I have a win 8.1 tablet I can test on but haven't played poker on it since I got it. I will keep this thread open and try to test/duplicate this problem on it later this week.

Supershot
03-15-2015, 10:04 PM
So I gave it another try after adding the exceptions on my windows firewall and the HUD gave out again after 76 hands. If you could give it a try on your windows tablet that would be great. If you were interested in seeing the current log files I attached them.

udbrky
03-15-2015, 10:14 PM
I will pass this along to Fozzy to test. I don't have a Windows tablet to test on, but will test on 8.1.

fozzy71
03-17-2015, 03:08 PM
I was able to duplicate this after 60 hands on my tablet but I am not yet sure of the cause. The hands stopped importing on the cloud site's activity message page and stopped updating the HUD and Live Play tab as a result obviously.

I will have to discuss it with the other cloud testers and do more testing to see if I can duplicate it again as I forgot to enable detailed logging in my cloud client. Once we have more information we will take it to the developers.

I am wondering if it could be UAC related since that is still enabled on my tablet but I did make sure to run everything as admin via the right-click menu when launching the poker client, hm cloud, and hm2 after the session to import the hands manually to confirm hands count.

Supershot
03-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Ok thanks a lot for taking the time to test it out. Will you be posting here when you get further information?

fozzy71
03-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Yes, but this will take some time to investigate unfortunately. I am testing it again right now actually, with UAC set to 'never notify' to see if I can duplicate the problem but my modem/router just went out on me briefly causing my tablet and HM Cloud to disconnect so this likely won't be a valid test and I will have to try again later.

fozzy71
03-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Can you tell me how long sessions were when this happens? If you click them in the Dashboard > Recent Sessions tile to filter for that session then check the 'Time' for the first and last hand are they exactly 59 minutes apart?

Supershot
03-18-2015, 08:28 PM
I took a look and its hard to tell because I play 2 tables for the most part so I'm not sure how to tell how long the time was on each individual table. I don't quit after one table stops working, but tonight I'll stick to one table and then end my session so I can check this out for you.

Well after my session today it says my start time was 8:40 and my last hand was at 9:43

udbrky
03-19-2015, 02:43 AM
We are testing this currently, it appears to happen consistently at about that point.

fozzy71
03-19-2015, 08:40 AM
I took a look and its hard to tell because I play 2 tables for the most part so I'm not sure how to tell how long the time was on each individual table. I don't quit after one table stops working, but tonight I'll stick to one table and then end my session so I can check this out for you.

Well after my session today it says my start time was 8:40 and my last hand was at 9:43

On the dashboard click on one the sessions where it stopped updating in the Recent Sessions tile and this will filter the Analysis page for this session. Then look at the 'Time' for the last hand imported and scroll down to the first hand imported and note the time. See image below showing 59 minutes between the first and last auto imported hands.

I have duplicated it twice now on win 8.1 tablet playing BCP/WPN. Once with UAC on and once with it off. I have never had this happen on my Win 7 desktop. At this point I think it's related to Win 8.1 (possibly tablet specific) and WPN skins but we need to do more internal testing on Win 8.1 and other networks and unfortunately I can not play on any other networks right now and I am the only one with a Win 8.1 tablet.

Supershot
03-19-2015, 08:08 PM
I found this on a session I was running 1 table

fozzy71
03-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Thank you. It looks like my suspicions are right. At this point I think it is WPN and Win 8.1 specific, possibly only happening on Win 8.1 tablets. I am waiting on feedback from other testers that have Win 8.1 desktops to see if they can reproduce this on WPN or any other sites.

Supershot
03-20-2015, 07:30 PM
No problem. I'll see if it it works on my windows 8.1 desktop. I usually just use HM2 on my desktop but I'll give HM Cloud a try tonight.

Well I had it happen again only this time on my 8.1 Desktop. I started up 3 tables within 2 minutes of eachother and closed the one that played the first hand so the picture doesn't show 59 minutes but the tables I loaded up after did indeed stop working after 59 minutes.

udbrky
03-22-2015, 05:55 AM
I have escalated your issue to our 2nd level support techs and they will respond to your email as soon as possible.

Supershot
03-22-2015, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

fozzy71
03-23-2015, 07:39 AM
This actually appears to be happening on my Windows 7 Desktop as well. It must be something new causing it as I had recent sessions over 60 minutes when I first tested it after you made this thread. We will be discussing it with the developers this week.

fozzy71
03-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Please try the new build we will be releasing soon and let me know if it solves the problems you were having - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HMCloudClientSetup1.0.420.exe

Supershot
03-28-2015, 07:14 AM
I will give it a try tonight after work. You guys work fast!

fozzy71
03-28-2015, 08:21 AM
Great, please let us know. We have had multiple testers confirm it fixes the problem for 60+ minute sessions on multiple sites so we went ahead and pushed the fix live so you will also get notified to update once HM Cloud launches if you haven't manually updated.

Supershot
03-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Seems like you guys got it all worked out. Played 90 minutes on my desktop with no problems.

fozzy71
03-29-2015, 03:40 PM
You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

Supershot
03-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Tested on my tablet tonight and it seems to be working too. Thanks again for the help and getting it resolved so quick. A+ job!