PDA

View Full Version : New PC Transfer problem

Caradd
03-07-2011, 12:06 AM
I have tried to backup my HM for transfer to a new netbook. I have done this before succesfully but am having problems this round.

I first attempted the new backup/restore option but am getting a "cannot find PostgreSQL installation directory". So I abandoned that method and did as in the past and as per the old video and copied my HM folder to a thumb drive and over to the new PC. All seemed to go well and all folders were copied and replaced. Unfortunatly none of my hud configs show up. Hud is working but just the intial default settings that come with the intial download.

Any suggustions??

Patvs
03-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Backup/Restore utility will only work with SQL 8.4.x installed to the default installation folder.

If you're using 8.3/9.0 (or you have 8.4 installed to a non default folder) use pgadminIII instead to backup/restore the database.

The computer you're restoring to, must have the SAME version of SQL as the backup was created in.
8.3.x<--->8.3.x
8.4.x<--->8.4.x
(the value of "x" is irrelevant)

Do you still have access to the old computer, to just export your HUD (hud options--> player preferencs--> export HUD), and then reimport the .xml file on the new computer?