PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to Create Note Definitions

bballwiz
01-15-2015, 03:48 AM
I have tried multiple times over a few months to create a few different custom stats that I would like. I have unfortunately failed every time even though I feel I have done everything correctly. Unfortunately it just isn't connecting for me. Here are two examples of things I am trying to create and maybe you can help assist me or point me in the right direction.

1) I am trying to create a custom stat showing the % of hands the Villian will call in the BB facing a Hero shove from the SB with a 6-10 effective stack size.(with table size being 3-9 players) Here is an example hh of the type of hand that would count towards the stat I am trying to create:

Total number of players : 3
Seat 2: Player 1 ( $3,507 )
Seat 6: Hero ( $3,653 )
Seat 9: Villian ( $4,840 )
Player 1 posts ante [$50]
Hero posts ante [$50]
Villian posts ante [$50]
Hero posts small blind [$200]
Villian posts big blind [$400]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Ks, Jd ]
Player 3 folds
Hero raises [$3,403]
Villian calls [$3,203]
** Dealing flop ** [ 9c, 5h, 7h ]
** Dealing turn ** [ 2c ]
** Dealing river ** [ 6h ]
** Summary **
Hero shows [ Ks, Jd ]
Villian shows [ 3c, 3h ]
Villian collected [ $7,356 ]

So I would like to take all of the date of situations like this and create a stat stating for example that Villian is calling 24% of shoves from Hero BB vs SB with an effective stack of 6-10 bb.

2) Second example of a stat i'm trying to create is, % of time villian folds to a check raise on turn when hero misses turn C-Bet.(3-9 players at time of hand, hand could be Raised or 3bet preflop)
so for example

Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: player 1 ( $2,581 )
Seat 2: player 2 ( $3,599 )
Seat 6: hero ( $1,890 )
Seat 7: villian ( $2,534 )
Seat 9: player 3( $1,396 )
hero posts small blind [$75]
villian posts big blind [$150]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ Ad, As ]
player 3 folds
player 1 folds
player 2 folds
hero raises [$225]
villian calls [$150]
** Dealing flop ** [ 9c, 9s, 8h ]
hero bets [$300]
villian calls [$300]
** Dealing turn ** [ 7s ]
hero checks
villian bets [$150]
hero raises [$1,290]
villian folds
** Summary **
hero did not show his hand
hero collected [ $1,500 ]

So these are the types of examples of stats I am trying to create but am severely struggling to complete. I have probably spent 10 hours trying to do it but it seems I just seem to be missing some key element to make them work. Thanks for the help.

sreticentv
01-15-2015, 07:19 AM
I can't really help unless I see what you made at which point I can point out specific things you need to change. Also I need the original hand histories so I can test what you made http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/394101-need-help-definition-read-first.html

bballwiz
01-15-2015, 01:05 PM
I did read that I thought I was following the order of it in this post. Am I submitting the information in the wrong section? Am I supposed to private message it or email it?

bballwiz
01-15-2015, 05:02 PM
I was able to get help and figure out how to do the second definition. But am still struggling on the first one.

sreticentv
01-15-2015, 08:08 PM
I need attachments to look at like the xml definition and hand .txt file (or at least paste original HH). Just reading descriptions is never helpful as it's usually something you don't realize (and therefore don't mention) that causes the problem

bballwiz
01-15-2015, 08:14 PM

sreticentv
01-16-2015, 06:48 PM
It looks like it should work but not having a test hand history makes it impossible for me to actually try it.

I can't really help unless I see what you made at which point I can point out specific things you need to change. Also I need the original hand histories so I can test what you made http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/394101-need-help-definition-read-first.html

I need attachments to look at like the xml definition and hand .txt file (or at least paste original HH). Just reading descriptions is never helpful as it's usually something you don't realize (and therefore don't mention) that causes the problem

Hopefully you understand that I can't effectively help if you don't give me what I need

bballwiz
01-16-2015, 07:12 PM
***** WSOP.com Hand History for Game 457383283 *****
$100/$200 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 15 01 2015 18:48:30
Tournament #441244 $4.60 + $0.40 - Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: luckytime ( $3,947 )
Seat 2: jg41414 ( $3,674 )
Seat 4: bballwiz ( $1,855 )
Seat 7: callaham ( $2,524 )
luckytime posts ante [$25]
bballwiz posts ante [$25]
callaham posts ante [$25]
jg41414 posts ante [$25]
bballwiz posts small blind [$100]
callaham posts big blind [$200]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to bballwiz [ As, Ts ]
luckytime folds
jg41414 folds
bballwiz raises [$1,730]
callaham calls [$1,630]
** Dealing flop ** [ Qs, 6h, Th ]
** Dealing turn ** [ 8c ]
** Dealing river ** [ 5c ]
** Summary **
bballwiz shows [ As, Ts ]
callaham shows [ Qd, Jd ]
callaham collected [ $3,760 ]

sreticentv
01-17-2015, 08:55 PM
From the test environment:

BBCallingRangeVsHerosb6-10BB: Pre flop effective stack is too big (12.62)

Effective stack is counted at the first "note recipient" action you filter in the action sequence. You made the action "post big blind" which causes effective stacks to be counted at the beginning of the hand. Remove that action and leave the position filter for the "call" action. Next you are specifying that the "call" had to be all-in which it's not as the bb has the other player covered. Remove that and leave the other filter you set in pre flop->general (had to be all in pf) and now it will work

bballwiz
01-20-2015, 05:09 AM
I feel as though I have made the correct alterations to what you said, I am getting a 100 number on everyone though. I assume this is incorrect. When I analyze I get a 23 player frequency all with 100%. Any idea what can be causing this?

bballwiz
01-22-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm understanding the test environment better now and entered another hand history in which the player folds to a 6-10bb shove from hero blind vs blind. It stated in the notes of the villain of the hand that it wasn't counted because call never happened. Now it makes sense why my current configuration is always 100% because it is only counting instances when hero was called.

What adjustment do I need to make to this so it counts both calls and folds so I can get the true % of hands that are being called against hero in this situation?

sreticentv
01-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Try this. You didn't attach a 0/1 hand so I couldn't test it but any needed change should be minor.

bballwiz
01-23-2015, 03:15 AM
Thank you it now appears to be working, since I want to learn and create new stats in the future I have studied what you have done compared to me to learn.

You took off cash games, but don't think that had an impact on why it wasn't working. The main question I seem to have is about the action sequences tab. I notice two custom built sequences that I have never seen before. It leaves me wondering if my quick select action sequence is somehow missing categories or you just custom created something. I don't have a quick select option for herostealsBB-RAI and herostealsBB_CAI. With the exception of that I understand all the other processes. So why are those two things not on my quick select box?

sreticentv
01-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Those two were added to account for the two possible scenarios where a raise was all in OR the call was all in. They will end up in your quick select.

bballwiz
01-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Everything was working great, and out of nowhere the stat seems to have gone out of whack. It is no longer displaying the correct stat for opponents. It now says the avg % for a players stat is 98% which is not correct. When I first installed it the number was in the 20% range. I tried deleting and re-importing the note but it has remained at 98%. Is there a reason why this could have happened?

sreticentv
01-27-2015, 10:03 PM
This is likely because of running and cancelling pending tasks. You should try to reset your notes How to reset NoteCaddy notes - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-reset-NoteCaddy-notes.ashx)

bballwiz
01-28-2015, 04:54 AM
Unfortunately that didn't change anything. Still at 98% Any thoughts how to fix this?

sreticentv
01-28-2015, 07:36 PM
You can look through note history via tools->player note history or right click the definition->analyze to see example hands and find which ones are giving faulty results there. Then make edits to your definition based on the results in the test environment.

bballwiz
01-29-2015, 03:41 AM
It is not counting the times the villian folds apparently. I get this message when testing a hand where I shove and the villian folds. BBCallingRangeVsHerosb6-10BB: Action: bballwiz: Raise(6.69 bb) did not meet all of raise's required criteria (player was the note recipient) as defined in PreFlop action sequence: HeroStealsBB_CAI.

Going over the action sequences though I don't seem to see any mistakes. What needs to be adjusted based upon this statement?

suprguard
02-27-2015, 02:59 PM
I created the same stat and it shows 100% range. It doesn't count the times villain folds. How to do that?

sreticentv
02-27-2015, 08:14 PM
"Opportunities" in NoteCaddy - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/how-is-opportunity-defined-in-opportunity-by-action.ashx)

suprguard
03-05-2015, 08:44 AM
I'm aware of those options. It worked before, but somehow it doesn't anymore. I attached the custom note I created. Hopefully someone can help me with this.

sreticentv
03-06-2015, 10:01 AM
You didn't attach a sample hand like requested in the sticky http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/394101-need-help-definition-read-first.html so I can't test your definition.

If you paste a hand where the villain folds in the test environment, what does it say?

suprguard
03-07-2015, 07:56 AM
You pushed me in the right direction. My action sequence wasn't right apparantly.

After I changed some settings in the action sequence, this is what I got and it works again.

BBCallingRangeVsHerosb8-10BB: Final action: call never happened *OPPORTUNITY*

Thank you.