PDA

View Full Version : Badge appears even though conditions are not met

tlukasha
01-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Hi,

Summary/Key question: when evaluating the conditions of a badge, is the note's value truncated to the nearest integer before it is tested versus the upper and lower bounds? I never thought that was so, but that is the only reason I can see for the behaviour I am encountering.

Basically, I have a problem with one badge appearing when it should not, and another not appearing when it should. The use the same note definitions. I have looked through the badge definitions a number of times and I simply cannot figure out what is going wrong. The attached jpg file gives the necessary information. I will talk you through it below.

The jpg file has 6 sections (screenshots) as follows, top to bottom:

1) Screenshot of the dropdown that appears when clicking on badge 2212. It shows all the fold frequencies for the player in question

2) Screenshot of popup showing the same numbers with two decimal places.

3) Screenshot of badge definition 2212

4) Screenshot of the result of the Test Colour Definition results for badge 2212.

5) Screen shot of the badge definition for badge 1212

6) Screenshot of the Test Colour Definition results for badge 1212.

The problem is that badge 2212 appears when it should not. Also, badge 1212 should be appearing, but does not.

The key condition that is not being evaluated correctly is the FOLD_SBvsEP-OPEN_3x. Its value is out of range for badge 2212 and in range for 1212.

The player in question has a value of 88.66 for this note (see screenshot 2).
In screenshot 3 you can see that a value of 88.66 does not meet the criteria for badge 2212.
Nevertheless, in screenshot 4 you can see that the test output's success! As a result, the badge appears when it should not.

Meanwhile, badge 1212 does not appear even though its definition (see screenshot 5) and range includes the value 88.66 (between 88.4-91.39). Screenshot 6 shows the test output giving a failure because FOLD_SBvsEP_Open did not occur frequently enough.... I don't understand why this can be, is it rounding down to the nearest integer/truncating off the decimal places somehow? I don't believe it is doing this for other badges.

Note, that both badges have 4 additional conditions that are all set to 0,999,0 (meaning they will always be true). I am doing this simply to ensure that these definitions appear when I click on the badge. Just a little trick I have found to work, fine. I do not believe this is the cause of problem.

I have large number of badges like these two that all work fine, but for some reason this one seems to appear incorrectly. I have reset and re-generated all the notes, don't know what the next step would be to debug this.

Sorry about long post. Appreciate your thoughts.

sreticentv
01-12-2015, 08:28 AM
Game types, sizes, tournament/cash can all be reasons why it tests but doesn't appear. Value rounding could also be an issue as you've said.

tlukasha
01-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Game types, sizes, tournament/cash is definitely set correctly.

Value rounding IS the problem if indeed that is what NC does in this spot, but I was convinced it did not. In fact, I thought I had seen evidence to the contrary in the past, but I may be wrong.

I know that it truncates the averages on the note definition summary page, but I did not think that it truncated or rounded an individual's note value during the test phase when conditions were applied to it. In fact, the popup with two decimal places shows that decimal places are intact for display purposes.

Can you shed light on the truncation/rounding process during the badge test phase?

sreticentv
01-14-2015, 05:56 PM
I believe rounding is problem. I will make sure no decimals are truncated but rather consistently rounded at 2 decimal places

tlukasha
01-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Ok great. Thank you