PDA

View Full Version : Hm2 replayer in notecaddy

irpejoo
12-14-2014, 05:23 AM
Hi,
My Hm2 keeps crashing the whole computer for minutes while I press notecaddynotes popups notecaddynotes replayer trinagle for opportunitities. This happens while I play on table even if there is only one example. Is there Any solution to this.

Also is it possible to show replayers missed opportunities only for selected notecaddy notes. All I can find is notecaddy settings option "show missed opportunities in replayer". Does it slow hm2 to have these missed opportunities showing in replayer?

sreticentv
12-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Sorry for the delayed response. How many hands do you have in your database? Also, is your computer set to show text and numbers in English?

irpejoo
12-15-2014, 05:51 PM
I have quite big database 14GB. At least my windows is in english and my language and regional settings say english (United states).

extra questions:

Since my DB is so big and slow I think about purging some hand I dont need no more. So Does that speed up hm2 even though I purge hands from other sites I dont play anymore so much? Does it slow down computer/hm2 to have several Databases in database manager (even though I only use one) or would it be better to have only one database showing and using?

sreticentv
12-16-2014, 07:43 AM
Purging hands helps a lot in that the indexes are smaller which means there is less information for HM/NC to search through. Everything goes at least a little bit faster. Having multiple databases definitely won't slow down HEM anywhere near as much as having one very large database. Are you doing database maintenance like vacuum/analyze on this big database? It's very important.

There is a good thread here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/494402-hm2-performance-tips.html that has many good pieces of information.

irpejoo
12-16-2014, 11:37 AM
I purged some unimportant hands and vacuum reindexed my DB from PGadmin and my database shrinked to 3GB. And replayer works fine now. How often should I vacuum my Database?

sreticentv
12-17-2014, 06:13 AM
I purged some unimportant hands and vacuum reindexed my DB from PGadmin and my database shrinked to 3GB. And replayer works fine now. How often should I vacuum my Database?

I do once per week with a small database and it works great. A recurring appointment on my outlook calendar makes it easy to remember