PDA

View Full Version : HUD for Tourney

SootedNinjas
12-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Anyone want to share layout for tournament games ? I play mostly on FTP and Stars.

TierTier
12-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I just use Hands / VPip / Raise. I've yet to run into anyone that I have enough of a hand sample on to make use of much else. Even then, as I am largely playing single table SnGs, those stats aren't all that helpful.

azl6573
01-06-2009, 01:51 PM
I just use Hands / VPip / Raise. I've yet to run into anyone that I have enough of a hand sample on to make use of much else. Even then, as I am largely playing single table SnGs, those stats aren't all that helpful.

What is your breakdown for the VPip and raise Tier?

thanks

azl

TierTier
01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
What do you mean breakdown?

azl6573
01-08-2009, 01:39 PM
what colour codes and stats do you use for mtt 10 table:

example.

green > 20
blue > 30
black > 40

just now im using the default, want to change to what you were saying just the 3 stats.

azl

01-09-2009, 06:44 PM
My FT-Layout

http://www.250kb.de/u/090115/j/5d50a43a.jpg

vpip
pfr
hands ------- steal agg wwsf -------- note

I changed the popups just a little bit too.

Keta_D
01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
My FT-Layout

Image removed by request

vpip
pfr
hands ------- steal agg wwsf -------- note

I changed the popups just a little bit too.

What are those M D ? indicators on your image?

01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Sharkscope HUD.

heartless
01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Would it make sense for tourney players to be able to assign Colors for stats (vpip, pfr) that would take into account Stake and # of Players? As a new user, I'm trying to figure out if, for ex. , the color Red should represent a "tight" or low vpip range throughout the entire stages of a tournament(sng). So, instead of just saying: Red < 9 vpip. You could assign Red < 9 vpip for BB < 50 AND Red < 20 vpip for BB < 200 AND RED < 40 vpip for BB < 800. If you add in the "# of Players" as a factor for color coding, it would look something like: Red < 9 vpip if BB < 50 with < 10 Players AND Red < 20 vpip if BB < 200 with < 6 players AND RED < 40 vpip if BB < 800 with < 3 Players.

I know you can Filter vpip by Limits (stake), but that doesn't show you in color where a players range is tight or low for all BB levels and # of Players left of the tourney.

01-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Would it make sense
Don't think it makes much sense. Informational overkill.

heartless
01-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Informational overkill.

How is being able to visually see (by color) how a player's vpip or pfr ranks through out the tournament info overkill?

Maybe I did not explain well enough.
I'd like to set up a set of rules for those 2 stats that says:

for ex.
(setting a low vpip for the whole tourney)
Display vpip in red if < 9 AND BB Level < 60 AND # of Players < 10 (first stages)
Display vpip in red if < 20 AND BB Level < 200 AND # of Players < 6 (middle stages)
Display vpip in red if < 40 and BB Level < 1600 AND # of Players < 3 (end game)
(setting a avg vpip for the whole tourney)
Display vpip in blue if < 9 AND BB Level < 60 AND # of Players < 10 (first stages)
Display vpip in blue if < 20 AND BB Level < 200 AND # of Players < 6 (middle stages)
Display vpip in blue if < 40 and BB Level < 1600 AND # of Players < 3 (end game)
(setting a high vpip for the whole tourney)
Display vpip in green if < 9 AND BB Level < 60 AND # of Players < 10 (first stages)
Display vpip in green if < 20 AND BB Level < 200 AND # of Players < 6 (middle stages)
Display vpip in green if < 40 and BB Level < 1600 AND # of Players < 3 (end game)

Same thing for PFR.

That way, when colors are displayed for those stats, it will visually tell you where that players stat ranks (is it low,avg,or high side?) thru out the entire tourney. So for the ex. above, Red = below avg for all Levels and # of Players, Blue = avg, Green = above avg

I was just curious if this is something that is being worked on with the new "Tourney Support" or if this falls under some kind of profiling topic.

morny
01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
You can suggest it here, its not in the initial release but we will be adding more features as we go along http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

01-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Maybe I did not explain well enough.
I'd like to set up a set of rules for those 2 stats that says:

well, i had a similar idea once. Not by coloring the stats but instead setting up some formula which should calculate 1-2 numbers that should have given me the information how much a player changes his level of activitiy depending on his Position and his M-value. But then i found out that even with several k of Games played on certain site, i never have enough data on most of my villains to calculate such a number.

Your model of coloring f.e. distungiushes 3 blind levels and 3 stages, for each combination you need at least a minimum of 100 hands.
I went throug my DB. With 1500 games on a crtain level, there are very very few playesr i have that much hands. And those players i know already very well, i don't need their stats to be colored.

heartless
01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
The ability to Filter by Limits and # of Players is already available. I'm just saying why not allow for color coding of stats by those filters (for Tourneys only)?

I have 1,300+ players with 100+ hands on for the late stages(BB200+) in my example. I'd guess a quarter of those players might have enough hands, after they were broken down by "# of Players" left, for that level of filtering to be significant. If I didn't have 100+ hands after filtering by BB and # of Players, then it would be nice to have the stat calculation just default to a wider filter(by including more or all BB levels and # of Players)

(suggestion submitted)

SootedNinjas
01-17-2009, 10:45 AM
I just found out that stack to BB ratio stat/info is represented by Name / Abb. Name. As a MTT / SNG grinder this information is vital.

FYI... This is a reply form sun157....

Yes, both name and Abbreviated Name are based on Stack to BB ratios. I use the Name on Line 1 for M Zone colour 'with antes' and Abbr Name on line 2 for M Zone colour 'without antes'.

I use a BB/M Zone ratio of 1.5 without antes and 2.5 with antes for 5 Zones, forgetting about the Grey Zone and splitting Orange Zone into 2 sections (8-12 and 5-8).

This gives the following range numbers/colours:

Name (Red 12.5/Blue 20/Orange 30/Yellow 50/Green Inf)

Abbr Name (Red 7.5/Blue 12/Orange 18/Yellow 30/Green Inf)

I hope this helps.

01-17-2009, 12:26 PM
I just found out that stack to BB ratio stat/info is represented by Name / Abb. Name. As a MTT / SNG grinder this information is vital.

FYI... This is a reply form sun157....

Yes, both name and Abbreviated Name are based on Stack to BB ratios. I use the Name on Line 1 for M Zone colour 'with antes' and Abbr Name on line 2 for M Zone colour 'without antes'.

I use a BB/M Zone ratio of 1.5 without antes and 2.5 with antes for 5 Zones, forgetting about the Grey Zone and splitting Orange Zone into 2 sections (8-12 and 5-8).

This gives the following range numbers/colours:

Name (Red 12.5/Blue 20/Orange 30/Yellow 50/Green Inf)

Abbr Name (Red 7.5/Blue 12/Orange 18/Yellow 30/Green Inf)

I hope this helps.
sounds great, can you (or anyone else) explain detailed as possbile how to exactly set that up?
add some screenshot plz too

+EV
02-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Me too please! I went to my player preferences expecting that this post would make sense but it does not.

+EV

+EV
02-04-2009, 06:57 PM
actually not sure what it means exactly yet but I believe I was able to configure this properly.

Under

Hud Options ===> Player Preferences

You will find your HUD setup.

Select "Abb Name" under display these stats.

On the right under color references for Abb Name there is a set of fields that looks like a color box < Value.

Select a color, type in a value next to it and click add. You can add as many as you want but I used Red, yellow, Green, Blue, Grey with increasing values of 7.5, 12, 18, 30 and inf.

I used the non ante format mentioned because FT does not use ante's.

Now if only I knew what this was telling me. I hope that I have inputted it correctly to correspond to 7.5BB, 12BB, 18BB, 30BB and inf effective stacks. However the previous post mentioned a BB/M ratio so I may need to adjust this.

Not sure how to post a screan shot at this point but if I can figure it out later I will. (Hit me on Stoxpoker and I can post a screen shot there 00000815)

+EV

SootedNinjas
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
I play mostly SNGs so I don't quite use the MZone color ranges.

Anyway, the way I use it is by using color ranges to the stat name.

Name < 8 then the color I use for Name is RED.
Name < 13.5 the the color I use for Name is Blue.

Meaning that if the # of BBs I got is less than 8 then I am looking for marginal spots to shove in position or slightly +EV out of position before I loss my fold equity.

for example blinds (FTP no antes) 100/200 and my stack is 1,000 therefore I have 5 BBs then it's shoving time ATC sort of, at this point my player name is displayed in RED.

if for example same blinds @ 100/200 and my stack is 2,600 then my player name will be displayed in BLUE.

With that said, don't know the exact ranges of-hand but you can use Harrington color ranges to assign the appropriate color to your Name and/or Abb. Name.

Not sure if I explained this correctly but I'm quite sure that some other user might be able to explain this better than me.

02-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Not sure how to post a screan shot at this point but if I can figure it out later I will. (Hit me on Stoxpoker and I can post a screen shot there 00000815)
thx, but meanwhile I worked it out

btw: I already mentioned in the stoxforums that I have this, lol

Korjyan
06-21-2009, 07:38 PM
I just searched the forums for Mzones threads and read about the BB trick with the Names. However I'd pretty much prefer a real number being displayed in everybodys stats to show me the exact M. Shouldn't be that hard to include, is it?

pmania
06-28-2009, 02:45 AM
How do you make the color ranges for the table averages ?

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 10:03 AM
They use the same color ranges that you assign to that stat for the players HUD.

pmania
06-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Then I think I have setup it correctly but mine won't show colored, I saw it on a training site video btw.

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 12:13 PM
What version of HEM? Try installing the latest beta version 1.09 b9 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If that doesn't work, please email fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.