PDA

View Full Version : Any way to export database withou waiting for 2-3-4-5 days?

deluxesamy
11-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I want to export my lifetime database (~4M hands played). I start exporting the hands but HM2 won't do anything for hours and hours. By experience I know it may take a long time and finally (suddenly) export all hands. But I've been waiting for almost 2 days and as the bar progress doesn't work, I don't know whether Ill have to wait a few more hours or a week...

Is there any way to export hands from HM2 database faster? Like, for instance, exporting directly from pgsql or similar?

Thanks

deluxesamy
11-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Would this work? I need database transferred to another computer. Does this save hands as well or only config stuff?

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1471/How+does+Backup+and+Restore+Database,+Settings+and +HUD+configs+work%3F

Edit: can see the option "skip database (only backup configs)" so def will work :)

fozzy71
11-13-2014, 10:33 PM
All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

Backup of the database should be faster than the exporting the hands and restoring the backup will be faster than importing the hands but 4m hands is a lot. Are those 4mil hands all your hero hands you auto imported when playing? If so, all the original hands will be in your archive folder.

Note: you must have more than double the free space on your computer as the database is big.

If you don't have enough free space on the C drive then you can google instructions for how to move your windows temp directories to another drive to clean up some free space.