PDA

View Full Version : HEM 1 issues display HH in section sessions reports or preflop cards

trip_fontaine
11-13-2014, 09:10 AM
hy,
I have the latest HEM1 and I'm playing french site (i don't play zoom format) , In game no pb with hud and HH access (by clicking on the latest pot played) but afterwards when I want to check out the hands I played in a session, I have some issues since the 8 november, either nothing appears at the bottom half of screen, its empty, either it takes a tremendous amount of time (1min to display latest 100 hands) either it displays HH from previous session I try to analyse.
the sessions are recorded, winnings, stats are there and seems correct. Same pb with section "report" or "preflop cards".
I try to analyse hands import before 8 nov same issues, I try to downgrade HEM1 same issues. I did not install software around the 8 november, the only update seems to be a windows 7 update (windows defender).

fozzy71
11-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Disable windows defender. It can cause problems with HM1. I would recommend you just use windows firewall and microsoft security essentials with win 7 for protection and the least chance of conflicts.

Please update to the latest/final version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.14.02.exe

Try to vacuum the database - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

If you continue to have problems:

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database

*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.

*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips

We stopped selling HM1 licenses when HM2 was released in November of 2011. We stopped updating for critical bugs and providing support for HM1 at the end of April 2014 - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/661/HM1+End+of+Life+(EOL)+Common+Questions

If you continue to have problems there is nothing else we can do since we no longer support this software so you should consider trying HM2. If you have not tried it recently you should be able to install the latest update and activate a new 30 day trial. If you have any problems with the trial let us know and we can extend the trial for you manually.

trip_fontaine
11-20-2014, 12:36 PM
hi,
I reupdate to the latest version, try a vaccum analyse and reindex in postgreSQL nothing change.
The creation of new DB seems to work with hands both prior and after november 8th from "import for folders" in \HMArchive. displaying hand is now fast.
A strange thing is all hands are imported correctly in the new data base (I iimport the last 2 weeks ) except the hands from the last session i 've played. (i finish this session the 20th november at 2 AM local time, so today ) there is a difference between the 2 DB, and the old one is the correct one.( some hands are missing in the new one and the time of session end is not correct)

And finally 2 others questions:
the backup/restore in file menu will make the export/import of notes and tourney summaries?
how erase properly the old DB?
thx fozzy for your tips

fozzy71
11-20-2014, 02:29 PM
hi,
I reupdate to the latest version, try a vaccum analyse and reindex in postgreSQL nothing change.
The creation of new DB seems to work with hands both prior and after november 8th from "import for folders" in \HMArchive. displaying hand is now fast.
A strange thing is all hands are imported correctly in the new data base (I iimport the last 2 weeks ) except the hands from the last session i 've played. (i finish this session the 20th november at 2 AM local time, so today ) there is a difference between the 2 DB, and the old one is the correct one.( some hands are missing in the new one and the time of session end is not correct)

There is nothing more we can do to try and debug these HM1 issues. If you continue to have problems there is nothing else we can do since we no longer support this software so you should consider trying HM2. If you have not tried it recently you should be able to install the latest update and activate a new 30 day trial. If you have any problems with the trial let us know and we can extend the trial for you manually.

And finally 2 others questions:
the backup/restore in file menu will make the export/import of notes and tourney summaries?
how erase properly the old DB?
thx fozzy for your tips

The backup/restore will backup everything in your database: hands, hud/player notes, tourney results 9even if you manually edited the results), etc.

In HM1 you have to delete the databases via PGAdmin - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database#Delete

trip_fontaine
12-11-2014, 03:58 PM
hi , i'm back with........new issues :)
i try to use the backup restore feature for my previous problem. I made the backup then restore the ..hembk at the beginning of the process i had 7.2 Go avaible on my HD, during the process a temp file (holdemmanager.sql) of 3.6 Go was created on C:\Users\blabla\AppData\Local\Temp\08f9e2b3-bfba-4d28-abc4-2f13c312b05d\dbs and in the end i had a space avaible problem on my HD that stop the restore process. I had a message from HM saying "HM will close".

So i erase the temp file.
I relaunch HM, i had a window holdemmanager saying:
"an error occured while reading the config/holdemmanager.config file:
root element missing
holdemmanager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you"

i click on "ok"
then a W7 window pop up title "microsoft.net framework"
with " enable to create an already existing file"
i copy paste the details.

System.IO.IOException: enable to create an already existing file.

à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
à System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
à a6.a(Boolean A_0)
à a6.b(Boolean A_0)
à de.c(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
à DevComponents.DotNetBar.Office2007RibbonForm.OnLoa d(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
à DevComponents.DotNetBar.Office2007RibbonForm.WndPr oc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly*: 2.0.0.0
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HoldemManager
Version de l'assembly*: 1.11.5.8077
Version Win32*: 1.11.05.8077
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemManager.exe
System.Drawing
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
DevComponents.DotNetBar2
Version de l'assembly*: 8.3.0.0
Version Win32*: 8.3.0.0
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
DeployLX.Licensing.v3
Version de l'assembly*: 3.2.2000.0
Version Win32*: 3.2.2000.3813
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DeployLX.Licensing.v3.DLL
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.XML.resources
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.resources.dll

and after that, i had the the classic HM window block on:
"validating....
unregistred software"
:/

udbrky
12-11-2014, 08:11 PM
I misread the version #.

I would suggest a clean reinstall:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/99/Reinstalling+HEM+without+Losing+Preferences+

1) Export any custom HUD configs individually, make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files. If you have custom filters/reports/stats, just copy the entire \holdem manager folder before uninstalling.
2) Uninstall HM with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting. You do not need to uninstall PostgreSQL.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, remove any registry entries and leftover files. If you have Holdem Manager 2 installed do not delete any folders in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\HoldemManager.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe. You should un-check the PostgreSQL Option when running the combo installer.
6) Test if it for a while and see if it works

Also, I'm not sure what size your hard drive is, but you need to have at least 10% free space at all times. If you restored a 3.6GB file and had only 7.2GB free, you probably filled up your drive.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2891/I%27m+Running+Out+of+Disk+Space

trip_fontaine
12-11-2014, 09:02 PM
hy hubrky, thx for your quick answer.
i m not sure to understand "i misread the version #"
CCleaner is not enough good/clean to uninstall HM?
My SSD HD is 40 go, during the process of restoring the .hmbk in a new database a tempory file (there was no other temp file from HM) of 3.6 Go was created as well as the new database. after the error message of restoring process, I deleted the new database creted during the process (the old one still appear) with pgm admin III and the temp file i'm now back to 7.8 Go free.

so how many free space i need for the restore process?

trip_fontaine
12-12-2014, 10:48 AM
hi during the first step of the reinstall, i notice that the holdemmanager.config file in my C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder was empty (0 ko). I look up the HEM BACKUP.hmbk that i made and see that the holdemmanger.config whitin it wasn't empty.
So I decide to copy/past the config/folder from the .hmbk in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. I execute hm.exe and HM is up and running i can access to the main window, without reinstall, Hud seems ok, auto import work but still have the initial issue of the thread.
Corcerning the space avaible now HM is running, i have 3.8 Go avaible curiously i can't find where is the big file (holdemmanger.sql) when using windows explorer (option search by size (bigger than 120mo)).

I think that for my initial issue i will have to reimport manually a small part of my hands using \HMarchive folder in a new data base and export/import notes and erase the old DB

fozzy71
12-12-2014, 02:05 PM
This program will help you find what files are taking up the most space, visually - WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics (http://windirstat.info/)

I agree that you should attempt to just create a new database and import the original hands then the player notes.