PDA

View Full Version : I want HM2 stats and pop-ups to be identical to HM1

kkoen
10-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi,

Because im experiencing too many problems with HM1 because of a lack of support I am obliged to switch to HM2.
I have already tested the trial but I can't seem to adapt to the differences in stats display, delay time in pop-ups etc. So everything at the tables seems to annoy me pretty much.

Is it possible to copy the exact setting I have in HM1 to HM2?

Thanks in advance.

_Loki_
10-23-2014, 10:29 AM
There is no central configuration file that you can export /import if that's what you mean.

HUDs can easily be moved across - there is a function for that.
Popup hover timing is easily changed in HM2 and you can easily do that manually in a flash.

If you have specific problems with the transition then list them here [within reason!] & I'll try to assist.

kkoen
10-23-2014, 10:44 AM
There is no central configuration file that you can export /import if that's what you mean.

HUDs can easily be moved across - there is a function for that.
Popup hover timing is easily changed in HM2 and you can easily do that manually in a flash.

If you have specific problems with the transition then list them here [within reason!] & I'll try to assist.

Hi there, thanks for the quick response. Maybe this is not possible, but since my trial has expired already, would it be possible to get another trial? Then i can test the things you just pointed out. A hundred dollars is alot of money for something I am not sure how it will work out.

_Loki_
10-23-2014, 11:27 AM
...would it be possible to get another trial? Then i can test the things you just pointed out... I'm not with support or sales - I'm just a user.

HM are reasonable people - email sales@holdemmanager.com with your request [and include a link to this thread]

kkoen
10-23-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm not with support or sales - I'm just a user.

HM are reasonable people - email sales@holdemmanager.com with your request [and include a link to this thread]

Oh lol, thanks for your help.
The email has been sent, I will come back to you whenever I need help. :)

fozzy71
10-23-2014, 03:38 PM
loki's reply is pretty much spot on. Most of the HM1 HUDs/Popups can be imported but may require some editing (some stat names changed). There may be some differences in look and behavior but you should be able to get all of your data over and use the same stats when playing for the most part.

I see that our sales team already issued you a new trial code. Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

kkoen
10-24-2014, 07:30 AM
loki's reply is pretty much spot on. Most of the HM1 HUDs/Popups can be imported but may require some editing (some stat names changed). There may be some differences in look and behavior but you should be able to get all of your data over and use the same stats when playing for the most part.

I see that our sales team already issued you a new trial code. Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

I copied most of the hud and popups manually. But I cant seem to find Whon when saw flop for the pop-up?
Also i have around 800mb handhistories for 2013 + 2014 combined. I will have to import this for a HM2 database, will 16gb of free space be sufficient for this?

fozzy71
10-24-2014, 12:56 PM
I copied most of the hud and popups manually. But I cant seem to find Whon when saw flop for the pop-up?

Flop category > WWSF%

Also i have around 800mb handhistories for 2013 + 2014 combined. I will have to import this for a HM2 database, will 16gb of free space be sufficient for this?

We recommend you always keep at least 20% free space on your main drive where HM2 and PSQL are installed. You need that space for processing purges, exports, backups/restores, etc and if you have NoteCaddy enabled it can cause the database to swell up a bit when playing.

I can't really say how many hands that is or how many GB of data it will convert to once it imports as each site is different in terms of how many hands per MB of hand history files are written.

Some SSD's now use compression automatically - The Truth About SSDs and Compression (http://rscott.org/ssd/SSDs_and_compression.htm)

You can also use NTFS compression on the DB folder in roaming and the postgres\data\base folder to make it smaller - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251186

You can put your postgres data folder and the HM2 database parent folder on a different drive - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1172/Move+Database+to+Another+Hard+Drive+or+Partition

In HM1 there are a lot of tables that deal with a specific hand played by a specific player. In HM2 we don't have these tables, instead, for player related hand data, we use a flat file approach. Each player has his own folder and each file represents a single day. Each line within the file is a tokenized version of a single hand with incredible amounts of detail. Your overall HM2 spaced used (DB + Files) is about 2/3 of HM1 and we store probably 2-3 times as much info plus it can be accessed many, many times faster and allows us to do some things that wouldn't be possible otherwise. If you don't want the space in your Roaming folder due to limited C: file space, we do give you the option of storing this data anywhere when creating the database.

General rule is 1 million hands = 10 GB.

In reality it's: 1 million hands
HM1: 6.8 GB
HM2: 4.3 GB
PT4: 13.6 GB

So with a 10 million hand database you need as SSD of at least 60 GB (Windows) + 100 GB = 160 GB. We use 1 million = 10 GB (instead of 6.8) because when you want to perform a vacuum/analyse or backup/restore a database it will require a LOT of disk space to perform such a task.

You can use this FAQ to try and fee up more space - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2891/I%27m+Running+Out+of+Disk+Space

Please see these guide to optimize your SSD:

Can You Get More Space Or Speed From Your SSD? - Optimizing Precious Solid-State Storage (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-performance-tweak,2911.html)

http://itexpertvoice.com/home/super-fast-ssds-four-rules-for-how-to-treat-them-right/