PDA

View Full Version : stars import error

wolf44
03-06-2011, 06:23 PM
hi

hm won t import stars hands anymore - the green import progress bar freezes like half way, and the hud doesn t update anymore.

i tried vacuuming, reinstalling latest version (got some errors when i did that - said couldn replace a few files..)

any idea?
thanks
john

10JQKA
03-06-2011, 08:02 PM
same here. what games did u play. i suspect it had something to do with the sunday million

Patvs
03-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Reboot your computer.

Rerun the latest update - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

--

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

10JQKA
03-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Done all steps. Even completely uninstalled and reinstalled.

Was working perfectly before today.

I use W7, and Norton.

Patvs
03-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Which SQL version are you using?
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file?

Are there old files "stuck" in your PokerStars import folders? Can you manually move them to your archive if there are files stuck in your import folder.

10JQKA
03-07-2011, 04:22 AM
Well I restarted it again, this time no games playing, and now it seems to work. Although I know I'm missing some HH's. When I tried to reimport the hands from today, the import got stuck again.

I'll try back later and see if it works when I'm playing a game and report.

wolf44
03-07-2011, 05:34 AM
ok, rebooted and installed update again (still errors when installing - can t replace 3 or 4 files..)

it worked fine for months - so i think the settings should be in order. i run windows 7, don t think i have a firewall, i use antivir

seems like hm does import the latest hands, but it still gets stuck towards the end and the hud won t update..

netsrak
03-07-2011, 09:19 AM
You get errors when you installed the update? This means that parts of HM were running.
Please reboot your computer again and install the update again as first thing after the reboot. There should be no replace or overwrite errors when installing the update.
If it still isn't work please use the task manager to check whether HM processes like hmimport are running. If yes please kill them and install the update again.

adynecro
03-07-2011, 09:50 AM
same

10JQKA
03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Well I restarted it again, this time no games playing, and now it seems to work. Although I know I'm missing some HH's. When I tried to reimport the hands from today, the import got stuck again.

I'll try back later and see if it works when I'm playing a game and report.

Ok I played yesterday. PS hud worked fine, but FTP hud loaded.. but did not display any stats.

kell04
03-07-2011, 08:47 PM
hi

i have the exact same problem as OP. the green line on the import tab doesnt complete and the HUD for both stars and FTP is not poping up. the hand history are also not importing into HM but as saving on my harddrive. i normally play cash but played like 10+mtt yesterday(sunday mill).

i have installed the latest update and rebooted my pc.
how do i fix Holdem manager?

Patvs
03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Manually move the MTT files from your auto import folder.

Which SQL version are you using?
Also try creating a new empty database, and reimport your hands by running a "import from folder" on your archive folder.

kell04
03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
thanks you patzs

i move the mtt files into archive folder and deleted them out of the import folder and reimported them. hud is now up working again yay.