PDA

View Full Version : 2 machines, same stats... what happens if delete HH's?

cottlad
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Must be easy right? Not to me it aint :confused:

PC is set to auto import from client 'history folder'. Once read, the HH's are sent to 'processed folder'

Laptop is set up exactly the same.

Obv the hands i play on my PC will not be logged on my laptop version of HEM and vice versa.

It would be ideal if every time i wanted to exchange data, i could delete all the hands in 'processed folder' after transferring them to the other machine with a removable memory stick so that at the end of every week say, i would have 2 x processed folders with that weeks hands logged (1 on each machine) that i can copy/paste into the other machine.
Am i making any sense?

Here's the crux...... and i'll probably sound really dumb here.......
Will HEM still keep stats logged for hands if i delete said HH's from my PC?

Sorry if the above is really dumbo.

I would normally copy the HH's from other machine into 'history folder' but then there's no way of keeping up with which hands have been transferred.

Al1
12-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Mmm.

I will try an answere even if I don't have understood everything :)

If you delete your HHs from your Processed folders, it doesn't affect HM. Those files are just moved in this folder for backup purpose (for example if you need to reimport your hands later). Nevertheless, I strongly recommend that you conserve those HH. Because if one time HM crash or your DB becomes currputed, you will need those HHs to recreate a new DB.

About the method you use to transfer your HHs between your PCs. If you paste it in the History folder of your room, those HHs will be moved after the import and mixed with the others files in the Processed folder. This is not very good to find the origin of each file...
It's more easy to manually import your HHs from your say USB stick, because when you manually import HHs, they are not moved after the import.

Make sense?

cottlad
12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
It makes sense yes. Only thing would be that processed hands for any given week would be lost within the processed folder along with all previous hands.
What i can do i suppose is create a new folder and tell HEM to put processed hands there and then only move them to the actual processed folder once they have been copied to the other machine. I guess i could do that by deleting the current import set-ups and re-creating with a different destination folder.
This would work right?

Al1
12-22-2008, 12:37 PM
It makes sense yes. Only thing would be that processed hands for any given week would be lost within the processed folder along with all previous hands.

I don't understand what is lost?

HM arrange your hands by date now: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/8987/image1vw7.jpg

cottlad
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Now i'm getting confused further. The following is what i presumed happens....

1) I play a hand of poker
2) That hand is copied into my hand history folder
3) HEM reads hand history folder
4) HEM updates stats
5) Said hand history is then automatically moved to the 'processed folder'

The hands in my HMarchive are in no way up to date and seem to be mainly tournaments. The files (text documents) are pre October 2008 and were maybe from before i installed HEM?

All of my current hand histories are stored in a processed hands folder (as that is what i requested) as xml documents.
Am i doing this all wrong?

The reason i wanted to be able to have them written to a specific folder is so that i could just dump everything in that folder to the other machine before moving them to a destination folder. That way, no hands will be missed if i decide to move them say in the middle of a day...... it also means i don't have to keep track of things..... i would just copy pc hands, paste them onto laptop, then move pc hands to destinaton folder to leave an empty folder where HEM could then start writing HH's to again.

So, what i wanted to happen was
1) I play a hand of poker
2) That HH is stored in HH folder
3) HEM reads HH and updates stats
4) HEM moves HH to 'Transit Folder'
5) every week or so copy paste all transit folder hands to other machine
6) Then move all transit hands (once copied) to 'processed folder'.
7) HEM would then start putting hands into 'transit folder' again until next time step 5 was performed.

Am i over complicating things. I have a funny feeling i've got the setup of HEM completely wrong :confused:

morny
12-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah your basically right, you have control where the HH are been moved to, if you dont select a folder then HM moves them to C:\HMarchive or you can specify whatevr folder you want. It might be possible youve 2 different folders setup and thats why your not seeing them all in one folder

If you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder then ill be able to tell you which folders youve setup as Archive folders and if theres more than one

cottlad
12-22-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't have a problem at the moment. Just checking i can delete my current setups and re-assign the values for auto importing so that a different folder is used for storing read HH's (transit)........ i then want to move these on a weekly basis (or whenever) to a final folder (processed) for longterm storage once they've been moved to my laptop (and vice versa.)
Just checking a)that's OK and b) there isn't an easier way to do it

morny
12-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah thats fine doing it that way, unfortunately theres not an easier way to do this

cottlad
12-22-2008, 08:24 PM
jeesh..... i deleted my current auto-import settings and re-did them.
I chose to import from 'History Folder' and archive in 'Transit Folder'.
I then played a few hands of poker...... the stats in HEM were updated but the HH's are still in the 'History Folder' and have not moved.

Is there something else i need to do to prompt them to be archived?

cottlad
12-22-2008, 10:21 PM
jeesh..... i deleted my current auto-import settings and re-did them.
I chose to import from 'History Folder' and archive in 'Transit Folder'.
I then played a few hands of poker...... the stats in HEM were updated but the HH's are still in the 'History Folder' and have not moved.

Is there something else i need to do to prompt them to be archived?

seems OK now. Maybe there's a time delay for archiving?
Anyways, working fine :)

morny
12-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah with the new version theres a 15 min delay (when the files havent been accessed/modified for 15 mins) with the older versions there was a 1 hour delay