PDA

View Full Version : Not all hands are imported (PRIMA)

pharity
12-21-2008, 01:35 PM
I updated to the latest version of HEM yesterday.

Today when I played at prima I played 526 hands but only 482 were imported. Extremely frustrating. This has to be fixed ASAP. I will provide logfiles or a complete hand history file for the day, if needed.

Michael

Al1
12-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I updated to the latest version of HEM yesterday.

Today when I played at prima I played 526 hands but only 482 were imported. Extremely frustrating. This has to be fixed ASAP. I will provide logfiles or a complete hand history file for the day, if needed.

Michael

Hi,

If you try to reimport your hands manually in the DB, does it works?

pharity
12-21-2008, 03:23 PM
No that doesn't work either. I have

1) exported todays hand histories from Unibet (prima skin) to a txt-file and tried to import from that file, which didn't add any hands in HEM

2) I have also tried to export just a single hand that I noticed was missing, to a textfile and tried to import that hand alone, which also didn't work.

Al1
12-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Can you try to create a new DB and import your hands: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

pharity
12-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I created a new database and tried to import my two .txt-files

Nothing happened, so I guess their structure is wrong. But they are both directly exported from my prima client, so I would have assumed they had the right structure for importing in HEM.

I attach the KQ-hand as an example. Shouldn't this textfile be OK for an import using the "import file(s)" or "import from folder"?

And also, in my newly created database I also tried to import from the gamehistory.dat-file which is 27MB big (a lot of hands)

1) using the auto import, configured to locate the folder that contains this file
2) using the import from folder, pointing at the correct folder

and all I got in my new database was a small fraction of hands, it didn't import any hands from my session earlier today. I would have assumed that all the hands in the gamehistory-file would have been imported to this new database.

Al1
12-22-2008, 09:32 AM
The *.txt file you attached don't work here too.

I will transmit this thread to morny (Support).

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

pharity
12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I can also add I am running Windows XP and as I said HEM version 1.07.

Impatiently awaiting your response.

morny
12-22-2008, 05:33 PM
You need to import from the gamehistory.dat file not the text files, im not sure where the text files are from

As Alain mentioned create a new database and then copy the gamehistory.dat file to a new folder and reimport that manually, if it has any errors then email me the gamehistory.dat file to morny@holdemmanager.net

pharity
12-23-2008, 04:21 AM
I've sent you an email now with my gamehistory.dat. This is pasted from my email:

I just created another new database, put my gamehistory.dat in another folder and did an import from it.

9037 hands were imported and there were no errors but I am missing hands. The 'playcheck' in my Unibet client shows I played 526 hands dec 21st but HEM says 482. I have checked the timestamps for this session both in HEM and in the poker client and the starting and ending time matches. So I'm not by mistake filtering out any hands in HEM or showing too many hands in the poker client history. 44 hands are missing for sure.

pharity
12-29-2008, 07:12 PM
OK, I got some new information about these missing hands that I urge you to read.

1) As I've already said, I became aware of this problem when I was missing that KQ-hand, which was one of the most interesting hands from the session. It wasn't imported to the database by the auto import function. But when I later tried to import it manually as you guys proposed it surprisingly got accepted by the database. Just a handful additional hands got into the database when I did this manual import, the KQ-hand being one of them.

2) Another session I was again missing one of the most interesting hands from the session. Again I tried to make an "import from folder" instead of the auto import, and suddenly also that hand was imported. I think only 3 additional hands got imported, and this particular hand being one of them.

3) An hour ago, while I was playing (with the auto import running) I wanted to look at another big pot hand I had just played. And again I was missing the hand in my database. I stopped the auto import and made another "import from folder" selecting the Unibet folder, and also this time it got imported by the manual import but not the auto import. And again it was probably just this hand that was not imported with the auto import.

This cannot be a coincidence. In all three hands I used the timebank at least once, perhaps it has something to do with this.

Please confirm you are looking into this. But I will also add something more I have noted:

In the Cash Games -> Hands tab, I filter for 'today' and select the 'All'-button. I now see 814 hands.

Then I go to the Cash Games -> Reports tab, and filter for 'today'. This time I see 818 hands total.

And I noticed the exact same thing yesterday, I think it was 3 hands that were missing in the Hands tab that I could see in the Reports tab. And there is no user error involved that I can think of. These two tabs just doesn't match each other.

The last response I got from Morny was that there was nothing wrong with the HEM-import and that I was seeing more hands in my poker client than in HEM was because all hands wasn't written to the gamehistory.dat, which was not your fault but Unibets fault. I can still see more hands logged in Unibet than in HEM and that may be their fault, but it could also be some import error in HEM that doesn't generate an "import error".

I think it is very clear that the import function from the microgaming network, or at least the unibet client, doesn't work properly. And I also think it is very clear that something is wrong with the filters for either the 'hands' tab or 'reports' tab or both.

I hope you will look into these problems ASAP. I will keep a couple of gamehistory.dat files for reference.

Best regards
Michael

morny
12-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Thats strange, nobody has reported these problems before with Prima, are you mining or playing a large amount of hands, i ask because there is a system in place that stops more than 100 hands being imported at the same time via auto import, is it possible auto import was turned off at the time or something caused it to pause? Also post your your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and i look into it further

The other issue was with missing hands is a known one, there not actually missing, there split pots and HM cant show them because it cant show the winner column since there was 2 so it dosent show it at all. If you go to Options > Hand View Column Selection and remove the last 3 winner colums then it will work fine.

pharity
12-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Morny

At all three times these missing hands were played, the auto import was running. I always have it running while playing, and these were not mined hands but my own hands.

The third time I noticed that a certain hand was missing, I kind of knew what was going on, so I took time to watch the auto import import a couple of batches before I turned it off and used the "import from folder". Which, as I said, imported the hand that were not imported via the auto import. I cannot tell with certainty if stopping and starting the auto import function would have produced the same result though. I will try that the next time I notice a hand is missing.

I will post my config file in two days from now.

I have a couple of friends that also play at microgaming. I will ask them to look if they are also missing hands in their databases.

pharity
01-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Here is my HoldemManager.config..

morny
01-02-2009, 01:42 PM
You have Prima setup incorrectly, basically youve it set to try andread hands from every folder in Prima and not just the one with the database so theres so many hands it causes a problem and it just stops importing.

Please setup as per the FAQ and delete the other folder with subfolders selected http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=127

pharity
01-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh, I thought I read somewhere that sub folders should be included for prima auto import..

I'll see if it helps to exclude them, even though I can't see how it could! :confused:

Thx for your patience Morny and thanks for a great program! I'll be back if unchecking that box doesn't help.

morny
01-02-2009, 02:56 PM
The reason it helps is your telling HM to import about 30mb of files every 5 seconds and only the db file is the one it should be importing so its trying to access 30mb of files every 5secs to figure out if it can import them or not. If nothing else leaving it as is will proabably corrupt the database if it hasnt already

pharity
01-02-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm sorry morny, it didn't help to exclude sub folders for the auto import.

I just played another hand that didn't get imported even though the auto import is still running and importing other hands. And I can now with confidence say that it will get imported if I instead use "import from folder". I tried to stop and start the auto import but that didn't do the trick.

And also in this hand I used the timebank (twice). That's something that connects all of these hands that aren't imported with the auto import. In all of them I have used the timebank. You have to look into that.

pharity
01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=importfromfolderjr7.jpg

This is what it looked like when I imported from folder, selecting the folder where the gamehistory.dat file were.

And please note that I have had the auto import running all day, never has there been more than 100 hands to import in one batch and I let the auto import run longer than my poker client, so there were no more hands to import according to the auto import report.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/903/importfromfolderjr7.th.jpg (http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=importfromfolderjr7.jpg)

pharity
01-03-2009, 07:11 AM
The last session 6 hands wasn't imported with the auto import, as you can see in the picture above. One of those hands I played against a friend of mine, and I asked him to check if it had been imported in his database (he is also using the auto import). It wasn't.

I'ts therefore clear that the problem is not local on my machine but a general problem even though many people hasn't noticed it because it is only a few hands per day that aren't imported.

And in all 4-5 hands I've noticed missing (out of several thousand) I have used the timenbank at least once, maybe on two streets. To me, it looks like this can prevent the auto import from importing those hands somehow even though the syntax in the gamehistory.dat obviously is correct for those hands.

morny
01-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Can you re-attach the holdemmanger.config file please

pharity
01-04-2009, 05:26 AM
Here you go..

morny
01-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Escalated to Roy

Rvg72
01-05-2009, 11:02 AM
The last session 6 hands wasn't imported with the auto import, as you can see in the picture above. One of those hands I played against a friend of mine, and I asked him to check if it had been imported in his database (he is also using the auto import). It wasn't.

I'ts therefore clear that the problem is not local on my machine but a general problem even though many people hasn't noticed it because it is only a few hands per day that aren't imported.

And in all 4-5 hands I've noticed missing (out of several thousand) I have used the timenbank at least once, maybe on two streets. To me, it looks like this can prevent the auto import from importing those hands somehow even though the syntax in the gamehistory.dat obviously is correct for those hands.

Thanks for the info - will try to duplicate and fix this

etant39
01-05-2009, 07:44 PM
I think I am having the same problem. Today I had two hands that were not imported. Both of these hands were big pots where I or the other player timebanked for a good while.

morny
01-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Can ye both email some of those hands with the timebanks in it to support@holdemmanager.net and a link to this thread, might help solve it quicker if thats causing the problem

etant39
01-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I would be glad to but how do I go about finding these missing hands?

morny
01-06-2009, 02:59 PM
If you cant remember which ones it was then next time it happens email them to Roy

pharity
01-06-2009, 03:55 PM
etant39:
You can import the missing hands using the "import from folder", selecting the folder containing the gamehistory.dat, instead of using the auto import.

morny:
I don't know where I can get a detailed hand history that includes time bank usage, for these hands. When I look them up in the poker client hand history database, the timebank usage are not included in the hand history, as you can see on page 1, where I posted a hand taken from this online database.

And in HEM, this is not saved either, correct me if I'm wrong, so the only place that might have saved the time bank usage in the hand history is the gamehistory.dat, as far as I know.

Anyway, I had in mind to make a very simple recreation of this phenomenon today but havn't had the time.

I think this is very easy to recreate.

1. Delete the gamehistory.dat
2. sit down at a table
3. start the auto import
4. play a hand where you use the timebank a couple of times and let it tick for a long time
5. see if the hand gets imported, and if not, import via folder selection

I really think it's not harder than that, but I havn't tried it yet.

etant39
01-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I tried to import the missing hands by importing them through the import through folder option but the missing hands did not show up.

I had at least one more hand today that did not import. I believe there were more, but I could not remember which ones they were.

So I am still not how to get those hands to you Morny.

morny
01-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Can you email me the gamehistory.dat file to morny@holdemmanager.net and ill check and see as these ones may be be just corrupt hands rather than hands that didnt import for another reason.

Regarding the other issue
Yeah i thought the timebank was showing in the HH but i forgot Prima is a database so you cant see this info only the HH that we create. When Roy is looking into this he should see this info in the database if it does show

scudmissile
01-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Im having the same problem, except that none of my hands are being imported. That goes for cashgame aswell as tournaments on Prima network.

My PokerTracker Omaha isn't importing any hands either from Prima so this have to be about prima changing the structure of their hand histories.

P.S I tried exporting hands to a .txt and importing them which did not work. I also tried to create a new .dat database which didn't work either.

morny
01-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Presuming you mean Holdem Hands and not Omaha hands which HM dosent support then can you try creating a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and then try importing some new hands and see if it works

sariboxer
01-12-2009, 06:33 AM
I have the exact same problem that Pharity described very well. I also think that there is a connection with the time bank, at least the last missing hand was one when I used the time bank.
guys, fix pls!!! :)

sariboxer
01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
I have the exact same problem that Pharity described very well. I also think that there is a connection with the time bank, at least the last missing hand was one when I used the time bank.
guys, fix pls!!! :)

Ok, today absolutely same thing happened. This time not me, but my opponent used the time bank and the hand was completely missing. After the session I was able to import it after copy pasting the gamehistory.dat file and making the import from the new location, but the whole thing is really embarassing, because people usually use the time bank in big hands, and some of these big hands are missing...

Roy and everybody else: HM is so perfect that you just can not leave this embarassing bug in it, fix plssssssssss!

Rvg72
01-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Working on a fix right now

Roy

sariboxer
01-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Working on a fix right now

Roy

great!!!

morgjon
01-26-2009, 08:55 AM
havnt had time to read through the whole post. but I was having issues with only some of my hands importing for a session. it was weird and has happened to me twice. What i found out was when i backed up a database then reinstalled holdem manager on a clean install on windows, or in the second case on my laptop with my second licence the database seemed to have trouble and missed hands. my solution both times was to export all the hands from the database and txt files, then reinstall holdem manager along with a fresh database, then import the hands from the text files. Haven't had any troubles with databases since doing that... all had been working very nicely.
Hope that kinda helps..

Nick Royale
01-30-2009, 06:49 AM
I can only confirm the troubles OP are experiencing. It's important that something is done, because the bug causes many important hands to be missing. Thanks.

morny
01-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Issues with the timebank have been fixed, please download this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

d2poker
04-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Hi guys,

I just started playing on Prima and Im having this exact problem. The HM version im using is 1.08 Beta 22. I tried installing the version you mentioned but aparently I cant downgrade.

I tried creating a new database and re-importing. When I import it says "705 hands imported" but then it only shows 653 hands played. I have a diference of about 1/2 a buy-in between the HM data and the ladbrokes cashier.

morny
04-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Email me those exported hands and ill have a look to morny@holdemmanager.net

d2poker
04-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Email me those exported hands and ill have a look to morny@holdemmanager.net

Sorry, but what hands do you mean? Should I export the ones from HM? Or send you the ones I can get from the Prima client history reviewer? Or just send you the gamehistory.dat file?

morny
04-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I responded to your PM

ynot
05-07-2009, 03:30 PM
i think i have this same problem on my unibet account. Post config file or is there anything else you guys want?

ynot
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
config file

morny
05-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Can you tell me a summary of the exact issue, just theres 5 pages of posts so im not 100% sure exactly what your problem is?

ynot
05-07-2009, 03:49 PM
i'll play a session and fire up the auto import (i might have started this after playing for 10 minutes or so from time to time). HEM will only import about 100 of my hands. Stopping and restarting the auto import doesnt help. Copied the gamehistory.dat file, moved it to another location and did a manual folder import and HEM found about 2.2k hands including about 300 it missed from my session earlier today, but it is still missing hands. HEM has me down about half a buyin today, but I'm actually almost dead even.

I have created a new database and reimported all my hands. Deleted the gamehistory.dat file 10 minutes ago, and will report back after I play later tonight but I dont think that's the problem.

morny
05-07-2009, 04:03 PM
ok HM is set to only import 100 hands at a time via auto import as this options should only be chosen for live play. What it does is for example there is 500 files, it will ignore the other 400. I dont know why you had more than 100, maybe you left HM off while playing and it built up more than 100 hands but as long as HM has auto import on then it should work fine. If you need to import more than 100 hands then use the import from file option

ynot
05-08-2009, 07:09 AM
well..as I described you are partially right. I do get more hands when I do the manual import so that explains the hands missing through auto import, but even with a manual import I am still always missing hands.

Even worse, it always seems to be big pots because even the handcount of the day is aaaalmost right the result is always way off. Often several buyins.

sariboxer
05-08-2009, 10:06 AM
well..as I described you are partially right. I do get more hands when I do the manual import so that explains the hands missing through auto import, but even with a manual import I am still always missing hands.

Even worse, it always seems to be big pots because even the handcount of the day is aaaalmost right the result is always way off. Often several buyins.

I had the same issue, some hands were missing, when I used the time bank. Probably that's why you are missing the big pots.

After a while one of the updates fixed that problem. are you using the last version?

ynot
05-08-2009, 05:03 PM
ver 1.08.01

morny
05-08-2009, 07:37 PM

If you create a new database and reimport the gamehistory file does it show any import errors?

ynot
05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Sorry about the late reply. Been out of the country.

Just tested with my new Gamehistory.dat file. Only used it for one session today. Imported to both my regular database and a new one I created for testing just now.

Both imports shows 470 hands and a $178 profit, while my real profit was $359.

morny
05-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Can you email that gamehistory.dat file to me please and also link to this thread morny@holdemmanager.net

Beniato
05-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I had the same issue, some hands were missing, when I used the time bank. Probably that's why you are missing the big pots.

After a while one of the updates fixed that problem. are you using the last version?

Hi

It is seems I got the same problem only big pots when I used the time are missing.

I have updated my holdem manager but What should I do to bring back those missing hands ?

I have try to import manualy but It seems to not working.

morny
05-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Try renaming the gamehistory file and moving it to a new folder and reimporting it, failing that create a new database and reimport the hands.

ynot
05-14-2009, 07:06 PM
both of those were done already.

morny
05-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Please email the gamehistory.dat file where these hands were missed to morny@holdemmanager.net and in the email can you tell me the size of the pot and your hand if possible so i can see if i can track down the hand including the suits if possible

Beniato
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Thx a lot I have all the hands that was missing.

Have a nice day