PDA

View Full Version : Bet slider acting funny...

Polar_Bears
03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
You guys know I am a huge fan of your product...wanted to post here to see if anyone else is having similar problems as me.

Every once in a rare while, my bet sizing completely freaks out with no warning. I go to hit a key for my bet and it will do anything from min raise to shove 80% of my stack for absolutely no reason or some other type of seriously wrong overshove.

I don't look at my bet slider when hitting the key to verify the bet size, nor do I want to when 18 tabling and have to worry about this when moving at a high rate of speed.

Thoughts?

Polar_Bears
03-07-2011, 03:19 AM
I put this in the wrong spot if you could move it to TNFT

Fool
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Bets are set as soon as a table gains focus though the speed at which the table become available after is based entirely on your machine. Make sure you disable UAC according to the following instructions:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/30/Turning+Off+UAC+(Windows+7)

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/29/Turning+Off+UAC+(Vista)

Then go to the start menu search and type "performance information and tools", without the quotes, and hit enter. In the new window that pops up click the adjust visual effects link. Choose custom and make sure everything is disabled except the following:

enable desktop composition
enable transparent glass
show thumbnails instead of icons
smooth edges of screen fonts
use visual styles on windows and buttons

Polar_Bears
03-08-2011, 12:51 PM
OK Fool...you know I have always still loved and respected you in the morning...but there is a lot of options in there that you just had me disable. I have a pretty descent high end machine (at least of time of purchase) so what am I losing by doing all that (in a nutshell)? My system is totally designed to be a grinder so it's not like I am playing video games or anything of the like on the system. Web, email, some video (HD), music, poker, and mainly your products is what I use it for. UAC was already set to what it should be.

It will take some time before I see the problem again so I will keep you posted.

Thank you my friend :)

Fool
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM
The options I listed are all visual effects. With the exception of the translucent selection rectangle if you disable them you likely won't notice a difference on your screen. It should speed up the rate that windows pop up though as well as decrease the time it takes menus and other graphic elements to load. UAC is a bit different as its a built in security feature in Windows. Im my opinion it was poorly implimented though and is responsible for much of the lag I see on users machines. Using a good third party firewall/antivirus and good password managment should keep you secure. As far as I can tell UAC is rendundant.

Polar_Bears
03-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Great thanks! Will keep you posted...

Polar_Bears
03-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Didn't work fool...and in fact, seems worse now.

Fool
03-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I can't seem to find your skype info. If you have mine already please send me a message when your online and I'll take a look at your system.

deathcard71
03-14-2011, 10:40 AM
has this been resolved polar bear? i have similar problem and wonder how you fixed it.

Polar_Bears
03-14-2011, 11:08 AM
has this been resolved polar bear? i have similar problem and wonder how you fixed it.

Nope...they have been looking into it for quite a while for me, but we still haven't been able to fix it.

deathcard71
03-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Nope...they have been looking into it for quite a while for me, but we still haven't been able to fix it.

sigh... gets old having to look and see what tableninja typed in the bet box. :(

think i will just use pstars new bet buttons until they get this resolved.

Fool
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
To be fair I haven't been able to connect with him yet due to scheduling conflicts. It is extrememly unlikely that this is a problem with TableNinja as if it were I would have reports of it piling up. There is some sort of setup problem or software conflict causing this. The cause on your machine will very likely be different than his. Please post or .zip and attach a copy of the following files and I'll check them over for errors:

1) Your TNLog and TNConfigAutoLoad files. You will find them in C:\Program Files\TableNinja

2) A screen shot of the table with your HUD displayed. See instructions at How to make screenhot? Taking screenshots is fast and free. No software to download (http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm). Please send the screen shot even if you don't have a HUD or custom table theme.

deathcard71
03-14-2011, 08:29 PM
To be fair I haven't been able to connect with him yet due to scheduling conflicts. It is extrememly unlikely that this is a problem with TableNinja as if it were I would have reports of it piling up. There is some sort of setup problem or software conflict causing this. The cause on your machine will very likely be different than his. Please post or .zip and attach a copy of the following files and I'll check them over for errors:

1) Your TNLog and TNConfigAutoLoad files. You will find them in C:\Program Files\TableNinja

2) A screen shot of the table with your HUD displayed. See instructions at How to make screenhot? Taking screenshots is fast and free. No software to download (http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm). Please send the screen shot even if you don't have a HUD or custom table theme.

i had no problems (or few) with the program until i reinstalled the software recently b/c i had to restore my PC to factory settings due to a rootkit virus.
and it doesn't happen all the time but once in awhile TN fails to input bet.

i'll locate the file for you... but if TN isn't the problem then i don't know what good it will do.

edit: just opened todays TNLOG and i see numerous lines with this statement
ERROR setting bet text: PokerStarsSliderClass not found.
Failed setting default bet on retry 0

deathcard71
03-14-2011, 08:41 PM
TNConfigAutoLoad and TNLOG from today. u da man if you can figure out why i am getting all these errors.
thx :cool:

edit: do you need a screen shot of table? i was done playing for today. i'll do it tomorrow if needed.

deathcard71
03-15-2011, 02:33 PM
i must have had my settings wrong after the reinstall. i used some of your suggestions and all seems fine now.

Fool
03-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Glad you got it figured out. Let me know if the problem returns.