PDA

View Full Version : Power cut out while importing hands.. HM wont open

12-21-2008, 06:58 AM
My power just went out while I was bulk importing.. I am now getting an error "failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1' "
When I click "OK", I get the Database control panel. If I click connect, I get an error saying " A connection to Postgresql could not be made. Would you like to have HM attemt to start the service?",
If I click "YES", I get "HM has started the service, please try again"

Help?.. :confused:

morny
12-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Please try reinstalling PostgreSQL http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

Al1
12-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Reboot computer.

Can you try to start the service manually: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=34

Reboot computer.

12-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Please try reinstalling PostgreSQL http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

Ok, I got to step 10 and I get this error (after clicking next):
"The specified data directory does not contain an existing database cluster. Installing without initializing a database cluster in this case will produce an installation that will not start. are you sure you want to continue without running initdb? "
yes or no?

btw I tried to start service manually and it wouldnt work.

Al1
12-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Ok, I got to step 10 and I get this error (after clicking next):
"The specified data directory does not contain an existing database cluster. Installing without initializing a database cluster in this case will produce an installation that will not start. are you sure you want to continue without running initdb? "
yes or no?

btw I tried to start service manually and it wouldnt work.

If you go here:
Close HM
Start Menu
Find the PostgreSQL 8.3 group
Start "pgAdmin III"
Double click "PostgreSQL Database..." under Server (1)
Insert your password for the database, generally something like "postgrespass", you have set it when installing postgreSQL
Databases

Can you log in?

12-21-2008, 01:34 PM
If you go here:
Close HM
Start Menu
Find the PostgreSQL 8.3 group
Start "pgAdmin III"
Double click "PostgreSQL Database..." under Server (1)
Insert your password for the database, generally something like "postgrespass", you have set it when installing postgreSQL
Databases

Can you log in?

I cant log in, it comes up with a screen that says "server doesnt listen ..... "
btw I have postgresql 8.2 not 8.3.. I should prob re-install 8.2 correct?. I only realized this then..

Al1
12-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Have you your original HHs (generally *.txt)?

If yes:

Backup the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL (or the equivalent) in a safe location in your HD.

You will probably need to reinstall postgreSQL completely. Uninstall it from "Control Panel". After that, reboot your computer and delete the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL (not the copy). Reboot and reinstall: http://www.holdemmanager.net/PostgreSQL_Install_Help.html

12-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Have you your original HHs (generally *.txt)?

If yes:

Backup the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL (or the equivalent) in a safe location in your HD.

You will probably need to reinstall postgreSQL completely. Uninstall it from "Control Panel". After that, reboot your computer and delete the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL (not the copy). Reboot and reinstall: http://www.holdemmanager.net/PostgreSQL_Install_Help.html

yes I have all my HHs.. can you tell me why I need to backup the postgres folder if I have the HHs?.. Its 15GB and I dont think I have anywhere to put it :confused:

Al1
12-21-2008, 01:55 PM
yes I have all my HHs.. can you tell me why I need to backup the postgres folder if I have the HHs?.. Its 15GB and I dont think I have anywhere to put it :confused:

In case you didn't have it :)

12-21-2008, 02:12 PM
ok so you meant to write "if no" not "if yes".. just want to clarify..

also, I should install 8.3 after uninstalling 8.2 correct?

Al1
12-21-2008, 02:39 PM
ok so you meant to write "if no" not "if yes".. just want to clarify..

also, I should install 8.3 after uninstalling 8.2 correct?

It's better to be prudent. Install the version you want.

12-22-2008, 12:46 AM
It's better to be prudent. Install the version you want.

ok well it seems to be fine now.. just re-importing hands into a new DB.. something strange happened though.. while I was setting up postgresql again, I had to change the username to 'postgresuser' instead of just 'postgres'.. but when I tried to enter postresuser into HM, it wouldnt accept it.. It accepted postgres.. :confused::confused:
*I also deleted the 8.2 version in pgAdmin..

Al1
12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
ok well it seems to be fine now.. just re-importing hands into a new DB.. something strange happened though.. while I was setting up postgresql again, I had to change the username to 'postgresuser' instead of just 'postgres'.. but when I tried to enter postresuser into HM, it wouldnt accept it.. It accepted postgres.. :confused::confused:
*I also deleted the 8.2 version in pgAdmin..

I believe there is 2 users: one Main and another. You can check it if you go to pgAdmin III